Saturday 22 December 2012

Ahhh....got the date right today.  December 22, thirty four years ago.  5 PM at St. Cyprian's Church.  It was a cold day but nothing like today.  I actually remember going for a run around Confederation Park that morning.  Mostly went off without a glitch except for the fact I forgot to bring the rings.  Hmmmm.......not a good start that's for sure.


Now, here I sit looking at my 25th surprise anniversary gift, a blessing in disguise.  Not only is he a delight to own he helps us keep track of how many years we have been married.  25+9=34  So clever.

Another pretty quiet day.  Got up this morning and was happy to see the pain is starting to recede.  Still having issues with the nausea but it isn't a ton and hopefully will soon disappear completely.  Had breakfast and then decided I would coach Bill through the making of Jamaican Farewell a "special" holiday addition to the Christmas morning coffee.  Decided to have my nausea attack in the middle of these proceedings.....could be the smell of rum drifting my way but it pretty much did me in for a bit.  Gotta say he did do a pretty good job but cooks just like my Dad.  Every measurement is carefully measured and deliberate.  Not at all how I cook. I splish of this...a splash of that....none of this?  Ok I'll add this......too much of this, not enough of that....no problem....it'll be fine.  We did get through the process though.  He is a good student.

10 AM.....not a pretty sight!  Bring me the bowl!!!


Telling you about the Jamaican Farewell brings me to a very cute story.  A number of years ago I was sitting in the staffroom at school just before everyone was set loose for the holidays.  My friend Kim and her then little daughter Katie arrived to give me my Christmas present.  Katie sidled into the staff room with a big bag and said "Mrs Sherlock, Merry Christmas.....Adult slushies for you!."  I opened the bag and hooted.  A big bottle of rum and a freezer mix for margaritas.  One of my best student gifts ever!

I have not even poked my nose out the door since I got home on Wednesday.  Instead I am happy to whittle away the day reading or puttering on my computer.  Amazing how the day flies.  Not typical for me, that's for sure.  Hope everyone is staying warm.  Only 2 shopping days left for you procrastinators.

A few random shots of fabulous times we have had in the past few years!  Here's to more to come!!!









2 comments:

  1. That is a funny story about the 'adult slushie' and that year from our friend Kim, I got vodka and slushie mix! Life is just that good when you have friends like that!! I think I may need to let the parents at my school know about the 'best gifts' ever!!! LOL!!!
    Love the pic of you whipping Bill!!! Enjoy your Charlie Brown Tree Leslie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha....it used to be so easy for me to buy teacher gifts when I knew you all, and it was one trip to the liquor store!!! I am sure ALL my kids teachers would love those gifts, but never want to offend anyone!!!

    Thanks for the photo's!! Happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete