Friday 28 December 2012

Just a quick note before I start the blog.  I have changed my cell number.  We decided to copy our kids and get rid of our land line so I have adopted the land line number as my cell number.  If you want to reach me please make a note that my cell number has changed from 669-2427 to 239-2702

Today was a pretty normal day.  Got up and actually took Boomer for his morning walk, again down to the tennis courts and back.  We ran into three coyotes on the way back which, fortunately, I spotted before my brave, stupid dog did and I managed to get him leashed.  I usually don't worry too much about a single coyote but groups of them are worrisome.  We have had many run ins with them over the years and knock on wood have never had anything serious happen.  A few close calls but fortunately, knock on wood, we always seem to dodge that bullet.  They are worrisome though. I had a friend I used to walk on the hill with who would point out various fields and say "that field cost me $500, that field cost me $800, etc.   His beagle used to take off like a bullet when he got a whiff of deer or coyote and would come limping back hours later chewed up within an inch of his life.  The coyotes always go for the rear of the dog and try to sever the dogs tendons in the back legs which incapacitate the dog.  Then they are easy prey.  Fortunately, the dog was never killed, but he came within inches of biting the big one more than once.  In typical dog fashion, he never learned his lesson and just pursued the coyotes with even more vigour, almost like he was angry for what they had done to him and he was going to show them.  I personally know of two cases in Edgemont where the coyotes have jumped into peoples back yards and killed their dogs.  They are very brazen!  On Wednesdays (garbage day in our community) I often see them roaming the streets around our house at night checking out the garbage bins and was even charged one night in a walkway.  I've never had that happen before.  Turned to run and fell flat on my face.

Had breakfast and then headed off to meet Marian for coffee.  My first solo outing with the car!  Felt like freedom!!!  We visited for three hours over a cup of coffee.  Bill just shakes his head.  He can't imagine how anyone can make a cup of coffee and a visit last three hours but Marian and I never lack for things to talk about.  Marian and I met back in my Cambrian Heights days and our kids are the same age.  We spent a lot of time together in those days and have always enjoyed each others company!  We share a similar warped sense of humour and can go months without talking and just pick up where we last left off!  The lunch crowd started to arrive which prompted us to give up our table.  Said our goodbyes and I headed off to Coop to pick up a few things before heading home.  Got home and the sun was shining so decided to do the "tennis court" walk once again.  No coyotes this time and Boomer so happy his walking pal is back!

I'm pretty much out of gas now and am sitting with my feet up.  Dug one of our frozen dinners out of the freezer!  What a bonus when there's stuff already cooked and all you need to do is heat it up.  That and the constant supply of desserts and goodies make mealtimes a breeze.  One of these days I'm going to have to get back to the business of cooking but the longer I'm away from it, the less I miss it.  Probably has a little bit to do with my lack of appetite.  Sometimes I would just love to feel hunger pangs!  Weird to know I'll probably never experience that sensation again.

In signing off it has occurred to me I should give each and every one of you your visual reminder for January 1st.....a particularly important "White Rabbit Day."  Fortunately, most of you will probably still be awake when January 1st arrives.  The challenge will be.....can you say "White Rabbits" before you say "Happy New Year" and give your sweetie a kiss!  We'll see!  I shall certainly do it!  It seems to be working for me!!!!!  PLLLLEEAASE.......remember!
Thanks Bob!  It's pretty graphic!

No comments:

Post a Comment