Wednesday 12 December 2012

Had to be up and at the hospital by 8 AM to complete pre op stuff.  Did the preadmissions things, had blood work, a chest X-ray, met with the anaesthetist, watched a video and bought a parking pass.  All took about 4 hours!  Grabbed a quick sandwich and soup.....typical hospital food I'm afraid....basically was quite tasteless but I needed to eat before noon because as of noon I was ordered off of all solids and am restricted to clear fluids and a nasty draino product to clean me out before the surgery.  Met Jim and Colleen for a rather poor lunch (they ate....I watched) and then headed home to have a shower and scrub my belly with a sponge disinfectant they gave me at the hospital.  I have to shower twice before tomorrow and need to scrub down each time with this stuff.  Very different prep than I had for my first surgery.  Oh well, you do what you are told, right?

So it will be early to bed, early to rise!!!  By this time tomorrow it will be all over!  Kelli will post something tomorrow if you are following along on this journey!

5 comments:

  1. You will be in our thoughts tomorrow and in the days to come. Hoping for only the best outcome! Susie and Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending much love and huge volumes of positive thoughts your way, Leslie! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be thinking of you all day tomorrow!!! I agree with Kim.....KICK SOM SERIOUS ASS!!!!!!

    Love ya!! Xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking of you all day... and not worried. You'll be home for Christmas... cancer-free!

    ReplyDelete