Wednesday 1 February 2012

Well, I have been overwhelmed by the number of emails I have received telling me that my pals have jumped on board and bought into my superstitious obsession of remembering to say "White Rabbits"....first thing out of the mouth on the first day of the month.  Thankyou to each and everyone who joined me this morning and then sent me your share of bunny luck!  I think I am covered for the month of February!  If you have not sent me an email to tell me you did it perhaps you could???  I am really curious how much luck I acquired this morning.  (ljsherlock@hotmail.com )  Thankyou one and all!

Not a really eventful day really, although I did have a few moments of excitement this afternoon.  Had both my treatment and Nurse consult today which has been, and continues to be a non-event.  I think I am boring them with my lack of symptoms.  She almost seemed excited to document I had been sick for a couple of days last week!

My excitement happened in Nose Hill today!  Not the porcupine, thank goodness but something just as bad, perhaps worse.  I'm trucking along with Boomer and my friends pup Sienna when I look across the field and see a rather large pit bull barrelling down on us with his owner racing after him screaming "No Storm, No Storm."  I look at this guy and shout...."Is he OK?"  I must confess I love dogs but do have a huge fear and mistrust of Pit Bulls!  The dog was coming on full bore and Boomer and Sienna are totally oblivious, busy sniffing up some smell in the tall grass!  I jump out in front of this approaching dog, waving my arms and shouting and he stops dead in his tracks and just looks at me.  There I'm standing thinking to myself....I can't believe I've gone through four weeks of chemo and radiation and am going to end up getting my throat ripped up by this goon of a dog!  How ironic would that be.  Well...the excitement ended there because the guy caught up and grabbed the dog but I could tell he was also worried about what might have happened.  Don't know for the life of me why someone would take a dog like that to an off leash park and let him run loose.  Shook me up just a little!  Probably had to use up some of my "White Rabbit Luck" on that one I'm thinking!

So they always say "Write for your audience."  As I really don't know who all my audience are I'm thinking that I should change up my content a little tonight to appeal to the more factual and scientific in the bunch.  I'm thinking about the time Kelli was travelling in Holland and sent an email home on the same day, one to me and one to her brother Geoff.  My email read as follows...."We are in Amsterdam.  Took a canal tour today.  Beautiful cobblestone streets.  Toured Anne Franks Cottage and saw lovely flowers.  What an interesting city!"  (Ahhhhhh.....Mom's happy, right?)
til I read the email she sent her brother Geoff.
In Amsterdam.  Went to the red light district!  Hookers in every window with red lights everywhere! Sex shops everywhere!  Played a VLT and won $300!  (she was only 16 at the time)
So this is my example of writing for your audience.
My goodness this is a random writing tonight isn't it!!!

Well...to my scientific audience....thought you might like to see a list of the meds I am taking, some daily, some as needed, some only on certain days

Mint-Ondansetron, Apo-Dexamethasome, ApoMetoclop, PMS Prochloperazina, Xylocaine Viscous, Ratio-Omeprazole, Raro-Docusate, Ratio Codeine, Paclitaxel, CarboPlatin
On top of these I have another list of perscriptions to fill as needed!

Bill and Kelli know all these drugs by name and what they do.  I myself know them by their color and when I'm supposed to take them.  There's the golden bullet, the pink pill, the red gel tabs, the steriods (which I hate) , the blue wonders.......Etc. etc.  Pathetic I know but it's a good thing my caregivers have it covered!  I just let them do the talking when I'm asked what I've been taking!

Anyways...thanks again for your Bunny Support!  Look forward to hearing who took part.  I'll give you a head count by the end of the week.  Will try to do a better job on tomorrow blog.  Am a little foggy and just heard from Bill that "Bad Teacher" is on TV....so I'm heading down to watch!!!
Love ya all!

No comments:

Post a Comment