Friday 17 February 2012

Another beautiful day!  Keep wondering when winter will be back.  This can't be it can it?  Geoff and Lindsey came over this morning for cinnamon buns and a photo shoot!  Things are starting to come together for the wedding!  It will be here before we know it!

Had a lunch date with two of my neighbours.  We went to a place called Stonehill down on Harvest Hills.  Very nice!  Both girls had birthdays this week so we celebrated their birthdays and had a nice visit!

Came home and headed off to Nose Hill which is becoming the standard daily activity.  Ran into a a fellow who's kids I used to teach many years ago.  I know he has been curious why I am up there in the middle of the day and I know he is dying to ask me so finally today I decided to tell him.  So.......things not to say when someone tells you they have cancer!  "Well, when your time is up, your time is up."  Hmmmm.....I'm not thinking my time is up yet.  The other one I got a couple of weeks ago was "Oh....that's what my Dad died of!"  Guess I've had my share of blooper comments but if you are ever wondering what to say to someone I might suggest these are not the best response!

Bill still plugging away in our basement working on replacing piping.  We have not had heat on the main or upper floors of our house now for two days!  It is a little chilly in here!  Thank goodness we are not having a major cold spell right now or we would be in big trouble!  Hopefully he can get things wrapped up in the next day or so.  I keep thinking if Kelli were here she would die!  She finds our house cold at the best of times.  This would probably finish her!

Wishing everyone a great Family Day weekend!  Get out and enjoy this great weather while it's here!  Who knows how long it will last.

2 comments:

  1. Leslie Sherlock, you are hilarious. Your posts always make my day.
    Glad to hear you are enjoying wedding planning and beautiful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops... that was from Jessie... guess I could have been mysterious and left it at 'anonymous'!

    ReplyDelete