Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Have had a pretty quiet day today.  Had a rough go last night.  Don't know what happened.  I went through five weeks of chemo and radiation and was not sick to my stomach once.  Seems weird to have been finished for a week and then wham.....sick!  I was a little off yesterday.  Had a stomach ache but chose to ignore it.  Went to bed and finally told Bill I wasn't feeling good.  He of course gave me my anti nausea pills which I promptly threw up!  Continued to be sick for a couple of hours then went to sleep and awoke this morning right as rain!  Like nothing had happened!  So strange!  Haven't been sick like that for years!  Probably the last time was when I over indulged on whiskey sours many New Years Eve's ago when I was young and foolish!!!

Have stayed close to home.  Good thing because this afternoon we discovered a leak in our pipes in our storage area.  Bill has replaced most of the pipes in our house but this one section he hadn't yet gotten to. Well, they have now sprung a leak and we spent a good hour hauling wet stuff out of our crawl space into the family room.  Just when you think your house is coming together this happens.  What a mess!  Lucky we caught it  before it got too bad.  A lot of our Christmas stuff is soaked though so we spent time unpacking stuff and throwing stuff away!  The only good thing about something like this is it makes you clear out some of the clutter that you have been hanging on to.

Just going to head off to the off leash park and then over to the school to deliver some brownies to the parents for the Parent Council Meeting as my thank you them for the gift of letters, cards and gift cards they and others sent to me. Those letters and cards meant the world to me.  I sent a note into the school and asked them to publish it in the school newsletter and I know that many of the parents who attend this meeting were part of this gift, however, I also know I have missed many and hope that via the grapevine, or perhaps via this blog they will know how much this gift meant to me.

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the yummy treats! Caramilk brownies, mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I skip parent council ONE night to spend it with my love....and I MISS the brownies....how does that happen??? I guess you'll have to make another batch for next month!!! I will supply the caramilk bars!!!!
    Glad your feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete