Sunday 12 February 2012

Tonight Kelli headed back to Vancouver.  We have so enjoyed having her for the month but now it is time for her to get back to the business of living her life!  I know this is hard for her because she likes to see for herself how I am doing.  We have made a pact that I will continue to "Be in Charge of my Attitude!" and she needs to do the same!  She is the worrier in our family!  Probably because a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.  The rest of us can just go about our business not really knowing all the intricate details that she knows!  I tend to be a bit of a worrier too although I have tried really hard throughout this process to focus on the things I have control of and to try not to worry about the things I do not.  I am not perfect at this but think I have done a pretty decent job of it considering my disposition to fret!

I have to thank Mike for his patience and understanding.  I know he has missed Kelli but has not once made her feel guilty about being home with me!  If you are reading this Mike, Thankyou for this gift!

I have been a little grumpy this weekend.  Just feeling a little off kilter.  Can't really put my finger on why because I'm feeling good and I'm happy to be treatment free for a bit.  Having said that I think there is a bit of a contradiction here because when I was going to the hospital every day and having treatments I was doing something!  I was attacking this thing every day!  Now I am in limbo with no plan.  They have explained to me that the radiation will continue to shrink the tumour over the next month and the tissue needs to heal before they can attempt the surgery.  Despite knowing this,  I am very much a "plan" kind of person and I need to have some concrete dates and info.  Think I will be much more settled when I hear from my surgeon's office on where we go from here!  I am hopeful I will hear something this week!

So my goal for the week is to practice patience!  To continue focussing on staying healthy and positive!
I am in charge of my attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment