Wednesday 22 February 2012

THE NICE THING IS YOU ARE ALWAYS IN CHARGE OF YOUR MOOD....SO PICK A GOOD ONE!!

I was patient today until about 11:30 but bY 11:30 my patience had run thin. Decided I would try to call the doctor's office but once again got the answering machine. I know they are very busy but left my message asking the nurse to please return my call as I had some questions. She did call me shortly thereafter, made note of my questions which included "what's the plan from this point forward?" She said she would call me as soon as she had talked with the doctor. A couple of hours later she called back, answered my questions and told me that the doctor would like to see me next Tuesday and they were booking me for a PET scan the first week of March! I am already feeling better. There is a plan! There is some action! I have a focus again!

Headed off to Nose Hill with Boomer feeling much better about things. It was cool today but we were both happy to be out. Came across a dogless couple and of course Boomer in his usual fashion had to rush over to them, lay on his back and wiggle all over when they bent down to pat him. This is the standard greeting for absolutely everyone, whether they like dogs or not. You would think he gets absolutely no attention at home the way he behaves! These people loved him and made a big fuss over "the puppy". My PUPPY is 8 years old! He just doesn't know it! I joked that he would gladly go home with them if invited and the lady said "We knew he was friendly when he was approaching us because he is like a big smile!" I have never heard him described as a BIG SMILE but it is the perfect description of him "A Big Smile!". Geoff used to joke that Boomer doesn't walk....he frolics! He has been doing it since the day we got him! He is the happiest creature I have ever met but when I think about it what's not to be happy about. You eat, you sleep, you play and everyone's schedule revolves around your needs!

An update on the Honey Badgers for those of you who are Honey Badger supporters! The Honey Badgers are in third place in the province of Alberta for their fundraising efforts. To date they have raised almost $35,000 thanks to many of you! Thankyou so much for your donations! Your support means the world to us. I recently learned that almost all cancer research is privately funded so fundraisers such as this ride are critical. The team is growing and there are now 15 people signed on! I so wish I could ride with them but will have to content myself with being the cheerleader this year! Will add it to my growing list of things I want to do in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment