Wednesday 15 February 2012

A beautiful, sunny snow day!  Will most definitely be hitting the off leash park with my four legged friend this afternoon.  No phone calls on the white telephone last night.  Don't know what that sick night was about but I am totally recovered and feeling good again.  The good thing is that the couple of times I have had issues they have been short lived!

Slid into the school last night to take some treats to the Parent Council Meeting.  Went at 5:00 and thought I would slip in and out unseen but forgot that the school has an after school kids program on Tuesdays.  I ran into a couple of teacher's on my way in and was visiting with them in the front entrance and the kids spotted me and out they all came.  It was so nice to see all of them.  One little guy looked up at me and said "Mrs. Sherlock!  You're back!"  I said , "No, not yet, I'm just visiting."  He then said "Will you be back tomorrow?"  I answered that I wouldn't be back for awhile.....he looked up at me and said "Mrs. Sherlock, I thought you had cancer!"  Don't you just love kids!  They just say whatever is in their heads!  Not like us adults who always worry about whether we are saying the right thing....how should we say it?  Should we say it at all?  I think that's what I love the most about kids.  They never worry about what comes out of their mouths....  To say I have missed these characters would be the understatement of the year!  One thing about working with kid is they can make you totally crazy but they also make you laugh every single day!  The teachers I ran into looked tired!  One of them looked at me and said "You look better than we do!"  I don't think so but I do know that this is a tough time of year for teachers.  Convention kind of marks the halfway mark and is a milestone we all wait for!  The kids go a little nuts because they have a long weekend coming up!  Makes for an interesting "short" week!  As for looking good, I had a funny one last week.  Was going in for one of my last radiations and my appointment was a little later than usual.  All of the parking lots were full and an attendant was standing in front of one of the entrances letting in some vehicles and not others.  When I got up to him I put down my window to talk to him.  He said that the lots were all full and he was only admitting handicapped and cancer patients.  My window was halfway up when I heard him say "cancer patients" and I quickly put my window back down and said "I'm a cancer patient!"  He gave me the "yeah, right look...."  and asked to see my "Red Card", which is the card you show everywhere you go in the Tom Baker!  Hard to believe you have to prove you are a Tom Baker patient to park in the hospital parking lot!  I actually think he even doubted the card was mine but he did,  reluctantly, let me into the lot.

So I will leave you with today's quote and I do LOVE THIS ONE!

To laugh often and much:
to win the respect of intelligent people
and the affection of children:
to earn the appreciation of honest critics
and endure the betrayal of false friends
to appreciate beauty:
to find the best in others:
to leave the world a bit better,
whether by a healthy child, a garden patch
or a redeemed social condition;
to know even one life has breathed easier
because you lived,
This is to have succeeded!

No comments:

Post a Comment