Thursday 16 February 2012

I am continuing to practice my "P" virtues today.  Positivity, perseverance and patience!  I am doing pretty good on the first two but am really struggling with the third!  Still no word from the surgeon,  and as much as I would dearly like to call and be the squeaky wheel,  I am forcing myself to wait until next week to  inquire as to what the plan is.  I know I was told my surgery would be 4-6 weeks following treatment depending on how I recovered, however, I am curious as to how they plan to monitor my recovery when they haven't seen me nor have they booked me for any appointments or tests!  As far as I am concerned I am recovered now, which realistically speaking, I know is not true.  The simple truth, however,  is I do feel really good, I have no discomfort and continue to feel guilty when I run into people who look at me and marvel at how healthy I look! The only discomfort I have at the moment is an itchy back at the site where they radiated me.  My brother-in-law (a doctor) pointed out that the trauma to my esophagus would be 4 times what I am experiencing on my skin as they went in from four different sites, targeting the same spot in my throat.   I know my focus right now should be to stay healthy and to enjoy this time prior to my surgery.  I have a lot on my plate but as I mentioned in yesterdays blog it feels like I am just coasting right now.  I need to change that mind set and realize that I actually am doing positive things right now.  Staying strong and healthy by eating well and continuing with my fitness regime is important and needs to be my primary focus!

Today I am thinking about four people I know who are struggling with serious health problems.  I will not elaborate on their conditions or situations but I will say that my heart goes out to each of them and to their families as I know their struggles are much more difficult than my own.  To each of these special people and their families I am sending my love, my concern, my positive thoughts and my prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment