Wednesday 8 February 2012

Hip hip hurrehh!!!!  I am officially done!  Got up this morning, had my workout, headed off to the hospital with my thankyou treats in hand for my Radiation team, met with the nurse who continues to tell me that the next month could be rough.....(I always finish that appointment thinking I have disappointed them with my lack of problems and symptoms), went with Bill to the Lazy Loaf for breakfast to celebrate, did a little birthday shopping for the February birthday girl and boy (Lindsey and Geoff), then headed off to COP with my cowbell to cheer on Geoff's hockey team. We sat down and I started to rummage in my purse for the bell.  Bill said he was moving to another seat if I was planning to ring it but he was all talk!   Geoff's team scored the first goal and I rang that bell loud and clear.  There were only about five spectators in the entire arena so there was no doubt who was ringing the bell.  Geoff was on the bench in front of us and I saw him turn and speak to the others and four heads turned and stared up at me.  It became very obvious to me that they are not used to having fans so I thought I would treat them to an enthusiastic spectator!   Anyways....on the next shift one of the guys who had looked up scored and I let the bell sing out!  Geoff said the guy skated over and said "Hey that felt pretty good to have the bell ring for me!"  So you see you are never, never to old to enjoy the cowbell!!!  The score ended up 8-8 so I got to ring lots!  Great fun!  Took me back to the good old Westwood days!  I was way more obnoxious then!  Hopefully Geoff will continue to invite me to his games!  After the game headed home, collected Boomer and went up to Nose Hill to do our daily loop.  A great day!

Not sure where I go from here but will be calling the surgeon's office tomorrow to find out!  Need to make sure I'm on his dance card in the next month!  When I tell people who my surgeon is everyone tells me I am very lucky and that he is brilliant at what he does!  That makes me feel good as I am told this will be up to a 9 hour surgery!  Just a little scared of this thought!  (Maybe a little more than a little actually)

I have had tons of messages from many of you today!  Flowers, cards, lottery tickets, chicken soup, donations for the Ride To Conquer Cancer!  Thankyou!

So todays message...."LIFE IS FULL OF SETBACKS, SUCCESS IS DETERMINED BY HOW HOW YOU HANDLE THOSE SETBACKS"  That's how I'm viewing all of this.....a setback that I'm dealing with!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment