Saturday 25 February 2012

I am still in "wait" mode but am really looking forward to seeing the surgeon on Tuesday. My hope is that is will give me a date at that time.  Kelli is home for the weekend. Geoff and Lindsey had their civil service yesterday and although legally married (Yahoo!....we love Lindsey!) they are still viewing their real wedding as their wedding in Mexico in the spring! This is where many of their friends and family will be in attendance.

Today is Geoff's 29th birthday! I'm sitting here shaking my head because I really can't believe that it was that long ago he made his difficult entrance into the world! Not the most cooperative baby, I must say. Almost 30 hours of hard labour! I foolishly thought that being fit was going to ensure an easy delivery! Not so! This is one time my fitness definitely let me down! I swam almost every day up until the day he was delivered. I shudder at the picture I can pull up in my head of myself in a navy blue polka dot maternity swim suit. OMG that must have been quite the sight! The song that comes to mind is "Baby Beluga"..... Perhaps I should look at the delivery the same way I'm looking at my treatment…I probably wouldn't have survived that 30 hours if I hadn't been fit!  So lots of special things happening this weekend despite the cold weather outside and hopefully an eventful week to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment