Saturday 11 February 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c81bcjyfn6U

So today's ramble will be about the Honey Badgers. I just watched the above link and after watching the Honey Badger take on a very poisonous snake, get bitten, pass out like it was dead and then awake "from his hangover" to finish eating the snake, my comment was "they sure are tough!"  Kelli looked at me and said "You mean they sure are stupid!"  Anyways...if you are a supporter of the Honey Badgers you might want to look at the above link!

Speaking of the Honey Badgers.....they are doing an amazing job of raising funds for the Ride To Conquer Cancer.  To date there are ten on the team and they are in fifth place in Alberta for raising money!  Pretty impressive when you consider they are up against big corporate teams like Enbridge!  There are others planning to join the team so the Honey Badgers may grow in numbers!  Not all have reached their $2500 minimum but to date the team has raised in total, over $19,000. Thanks to many of you who have supported Geoff and Bill!  Geoff has started his training in earnest and Bill is talking about starting his!  If you want to help you could start bombarding Bill with emails encouraging, nagging, reminding him......GET STARTED NOW!  STOP PROCRASTINATING!  Successful people replace the words "wish", "should" and "try" with I WILL!!

Thanks to each and every one of you who have supported this cause and thanks to those who are riding on my behalf and for others like me!  GO HONEY BADGERS!!!!  This morning I was talking to my friend Maureen.  Her husband, Duane is planning to do the leg from Vancouver to Seattle AND the Calgary ride as well!  Ambitious guy!  I said to Maureen maybe we could form a girl's team next year!  I'm up for that one!  Any other takers???!!???  Think about it!
signing off and have a great weekend!
"Queen Honey Badger!"

No comments:

Post a Comment