Saturday 4 February 2012

What a glorious day!  Got up this morning and headed down for my workout.  For the first time I wasn't able to finish what I had planned!  The good news is I listened to my body and packed things in early and had quite a light workout.  Seem to have very little gas in the tank today! I'm wondering if it could be the twenty radiations and four chemotherapy sessions I have had?????  Hmmmmm.......Guess that's possible.

Took Boomer out for a quick pee and encountered not one but two porcupines in our ravine below our house!  Thankfully I saw them and he did not!  I'm thinking though it's only a question of time before the inevitable happens here!

Kelli off to watch badminton at the Glencoe Club and although I really wanted to go too I decided a germy badminton lobby might not be the best place to go today.  So instead will wait to hear about the matches from her!

Called Jenifer and we headed off to Nose Hill for a walk.  The park was crawling with dogs and their owners and we decided to do the long loop this morning.  Good decision!  What a glorious day to be out for a walk.  Returned home and said to Bill it's a gin and tonic day on the deck!  He said "Hmmmm.....how bout a smoothie instead?"  So coconut and fruit smoothie it was and if I closed my eyes I could almost believe I was having a pina colada!!!  Notice I said "almost".

Just going to continue to lay low today and hope to bounce back tomorrow.  Usually these low days only last a day or so.  My brother told me to listen to my biorhythms.....I'm listening!

Dear friends....thankyou so much for your support of Geoff and Bill on the upcoming bike ride.  Maureen has also kindly said she will throw in a tube of vaseline for Bill's bum!  Support has gone from some of the most unexpected and delightful places.  It makes a person smile to know of all the generosity and goodness there is out there.  I'm tearing up as I write this but they are happy tears and tears of gratitude.  I am so blessed to have each and every one of you in my life!  I always did appreciate this fact but all of this business has brought it to the forefront!

No comments:

Post a Comment