Monday 27 February 2012

Sitting at my computer working on the wedding movie! That combined with Geoff's 29th birthday on Saturday makes me realize how fast the time flies! Our friends Bob and Holly were over on the weekend and I was telling Holly about my movie and commenting on how many photos I had of their kids and ours! Holly's comment was that she wished she could have those days back! So true....we almost wish our lives away...I remember thinking how good it would be when my kids could talk...how neat it would be when they crawled..Wishing they were toilet trained. I could hardly wait for each of them to walk! Then it was hoping they would learn how to read, learn to swim, drive a car, get a job.....and on and on.....We always seem to be wishing and waiting for something to happen when our kids are growing up and then when they get there we wish we could go back and do it again! Well...maybe not all of it but certainly parts of the growing up years are precious and would be worthy of a rerun!

Looking forward to my doctors appointment tomorrow and hoping for some specific dates! Kelli has written out some questions for us to ask the doctor. I know the doctor will know they are not questions Bill and I thought up ourselves! I didn't even know what a couple the questions meant and hope he doesn't say "What are you asking?" We'll look like idiots!

Found a poem today that I have had for many years. It makes me think of my Mom and I hope my kids feel the same way about me. It goes like this.....

My mother kept a garden
a garden of the heart.
She planted all the good things
that gave my life it's start.
She turned me to the sunshine
and encouraged me to dream,
Fostering and nurturing
the seeds of self-esteem....
And when the winds and rain came
she protected me enough-
But not too much because she knew
I'd need to stand up strong and tough.
Her constant good example
always taught me right from wrong-
Markers for my pathway
that will last a lifetime long.
I am my Mother's garden
I am her legacy-
And I hope she knew the love
reflecting back from me!

I love this poem!

I am again posting the reminder that Wednesday is the end of the month....Thursday is March 1st so DO NOT FORGET TO SAY YOUR WHITE RABBITS!! I have already had several promises back along with the promise that the luck would be forwarded on to me! THANKS...I PLAN TO BANK ALL THE LUCK I CAN GET!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck tomorrow!
    Saving all my WHITE RABBITS for you this week!

    ReplyDelete