Tuesday 21 February 2012

Up early to take Bill to the Foothills for his colonoscopy! Must confess we were both thinking wouldn't this be great if they found something! That would truly be getting shit upon by the universe! Fortunately this was not the case and he got the clean bill of health and the directive to not come back for ten years! Phew!!! It amazes me how many people I know, over 50 who have not had this test and are not on the list for it. When I was at the Tom Baker I would guess that this was one of the more common cancers that people were there for. My good friend's mother was recently diagnosed with colon cancer and was told that the tumour had been growing for 10-15 years! It is a slow growing cancer but also one that is totally curable if caught early. So if you are one of those people who's doctor doesn't think it's necessary because you are low risk I would suggest you pressure him/her to get you on the list or switch doctors!

Went for a walk, picked Bill up at 9:30, and headed to the Lazy Loaf for breakfast,then headed off for some retail therapy guy style. Something about the hospital seems to make us want to go shop! Anyways...his idea of retail therapy and my idea of retail therapy are quite different. We went to Lee Valley to buy tools!!! From there it was to Market Mall for socks! How boring! I wouldn't even call this therapeutic but he's happy!

Got home about two, checked my answering machine hoping the doctor's office had called....no such luck so bit the bullet and called them! Wouldn't you know it, gone for the day! So I left a message telling them I was hoping for a plan and would they please call me tomorrow. Guess I will just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment