Tuesday 31 January 2012

A huge favour to ask!  Even if you are a non-believer.  I have this superstition....most of you know of it and probably think I'm totally weird but it is a family thing that we have done all my life!  On the first day of each month the FIRST words out of your mouth must be "White Rabbits!"  If you remember to say this you will have good luck for the entire month! Perhaps you wouldn't mind sending some of the luck my way?   I'm thinking a little good luck right now would be a really good thing.  Kelli gave me a white rabbit for Christmas (not real Thank God!)  Her name is Isabelle (after my Mom) and I am going to take her to bed tonight so that when I open my eyes I will remember!  I did say it January 1st and I have had a pretty good month.  Need February to be good too!  Thanks to all who will follow this directive.  It may also help with our lottery situation girls!

Have had a great day.  Got my radiation over early and was back home before 10 AM.  Always good to get that finished ASAP and get on with the business of enjoying the day.  Bill and I met one of his friends from his working days who totally inspires me!  Several years ago she was diagnosed with colon cancer, had six organs removed and went through seven months of chemo.  Basically spent 15 months lying on her back looking at the ceiling wondering if she would ever be the same again.  Recovered, and became a world traveller spending two years travelling the globe solo, going to all sorts of interesting places.  She looks as healthy as can be and I could have talked to her for hours.  She is now back home for a bit but is looking to head off to India to do a yoga/belly dancing experience and was interested in hearing about our Nepal trip!  I think I just found a new hero to inspire me!  We're thinking our next trip will be Africa!  I missed out when Kelli and Bill went and it is a trip I have always wanted to do.  Seeing the gorillas in Uganda would be the dream of a lifetime and of course the safari experience is one everyone should do!  Up close and personal with a lion!!!  Bring it on!
So the countdown continues....Treatment ends in 7 days, 19 hours, 25 minutes and 46 seconds!!!!!
I can hardly believe it....I am in the home stretch!

2 comments:

  1. Go, Isabelle, go|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Said it this morning and was thinking about you!!
    Rebecca xx

    ReplyDelete