Thursday 9 February 2012

A free Thursday...no hospital, no radiation!  It was like a breath of fresh air.  Kind of felt like a Saturday or Sunday.

Phoned my surgeon's office this morning to find out what the plan was from here.  He was in surgery today but his nurse did tell me he had been looking at my file and she would talk to him tomorrow and find out where we go from here.  I slipped in my not so subtle reminder (and I can almost see them roll their eyes, even over the phone line) that I need to be in Mexico in early May!  I anxiously await the call to let me know the plan from this point forward.  Who looks forward to their surgery?  Me!!!  I can hardly wait!!  Scared spitless but can't wait!  That's a bit of a contradition I know but true!

Kelli and I met a good friend for coffee and had a great catch up.  He too has had some "setbacks" that he is dealing with and it was nice to hear about someone else's problems for a change!  Not that I'm happy he has problems but it's sometimes nice to remember there are other people out there dealing with serious issues!  It's not all about me that's for sure!

We are off to a combination Birthday/Engagement party tonight at Lindsey's Mom and Dad's home.  Should be a fun get together!  Glad I'm feeling perky tonight as I often do start to fade as the week progresses.

Thanks again to all of you who took time to send me email messages, treats, beautiful flowers,  phone calls etc. yesterday!  You all tell me I am your inspiration but truly you are my inspiration.  Your positive messages give me hope and purpose.  You keep me focussed.  I never lose sight of the fact I have a team behind me and you are it! This morning Bill looked at me and said we are going to owe so many people for the rest of our lives aren't we?  Know this.....I have learned much from your generosity and if any of you are faced with this I will be in your corner just as you have been in mine!  I only hope you each know how much your support has meant to all of us!  Thankyou from the bottom, middle and top of my heart!  I am blessed and I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment