Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Years All!  Had so many White Rabbit wishers last night and this morning that my head is spinning.  I heard of entire parties greeting the New Year with "White Rabbits" as opposed to the traditional "Happy New Year".  My kids even sent me a video of their party.  The countdown to midnight followed by raucous screaming of White Rabbits.  Lisa tells me my Ranchlands buddies did the same.  Makes me smile that's for sure!!!  To think we can all be so goofy together!  It's totally awesome!

We had a very nice New Years Eve.  Quiet but very nice.  Our friends Gary and Jenifer came over and together we had a fondue and played some cards.  Jenifer and I were the big time losers I'm afraid and Gary and Bill were the "happy winners."  I really hate happy winners! (except when I'm the winner of course!!)    The upside of having surgery on my liver two weeks ago is that I'm pretty much an abstainer at the moment so no hangover for me today!  Kind of nice actually.  I can remember some pretty fun New Years Eves over the years followed by not so fun New Years Days.  Think those days are over for me.  Someone asked me the other day if losing a third of your liver means you can only drink a third as much as you used to!?  I laughed and said "No, it just means you get more bang for your buck!"  Seriously though, alcohol and coffee are two things I have almost an aversion to.  The same thing happened after my first surgery but did pass after a time so expect the same will happen this time.  In any case I think I will be treating my renovated liver with the upmost of care in the future.

I had a very unexpected treat last night.  My phone rang and a voice greeted me asking me how I was.  It was one of those calls that you kind of recognized the voice but couldn't place it.  Fortunately the caller identified herself as Helen Campbell, a lady who frequently subbed at Ranchlands over the years.  I haven't seen Helen in a couple of years but somehow she heard about my situation and my blog and has been following along.  She wanted to drop something off to me and asked if she could swing by.
Well....she brought me the most adorable rabbit and a lovely card.  I will post a picture of him below.  Bill says we are going to have to put an addition on the house for my bunny collection.  Not really, we just have to make sure our kids never move back home.  Kelli's room has become the new rabbit hutch and it's such a cheery reminder of all the people out there who are cheering me on and sending me good luck and positive thoughts.  Thankyou Helen.....I love your gift.

Today a day at home.  Bill is working on the never ending bathroom project.  Every time he sets a deadline for himself to get it done I seem to throw him a curve ball and the project gets waylaid.  He is now aiming for January 15 and I'm holding him to it.  He's been at it pretty much all day today and I'm really looking forward to getting it finished.  Two years is long enough I'm thinking!!!

Anyways...wishing you all a prosperous, happy and healthy New Year!  I'm also wishing that for myself!!!  May 2013 be a year to celebrate everything good!

1 comment:

  1. Happy happy new years Leslie!!!

    Yes the Ranchlands crew did shout " white rabbits" last night as the clock struck midnight!!! Was a great night!!

    This IS gonna be a great year.....just as every year is a great year!!!

    Love Dusty xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete