Thursday 3 January 2013

Eighteen days til we leave for Mexico!!! Lots to do before then so the time will no doubt fly by.  We head to Edmonton on the 9th for my follow up appointment with my surgeon.  We are just going to drive up and back and not stay overnight.  Then I have an appointment with my oncologist on the 16th to determine what they have planned for me in terms of chemotherapy.  I am really hoping I won't start until I get back from my trip, however, if they say I should start immediately so be it!  I'm not going to go through all of this and risk having it come back because I wanted to delay my chemo.  Just hoping they think I could use a couple more weeks to recover from the surgery before they start up that regime again.

Had a bit of a rough go yesterday.  I'm not sure if it's related to my surgery or if I had a bug.  There's lots going around right now and I've been around lots of people so thinking I may have just caught a little bit of a bug.  Much better today.

This morning I tackled my photo album project and it's a big one.  When the kids were little I used to stick their pictures in those albums with the sticky pages.  Well, twenty-five years later I'm discovering that these albums are not acid free and many of my photos are starting to deteriorate.  So I am plugging away at redoing all those old albums.  Huge job! Finished Kelli's year one album this morning and now have to tackle Geoff's which him being the first child, is a much bigger job.  It has been a lot of fun revisiting those albums though.  Can't believe how cute my kids were when they were little!

Finished that job and decided today would be the day I would try to do a loop of Nose Hill.  Both Dad and Jenifer have offered to go with me but today I wanted to try it on my own, not really sure how it would go.  To be honest it was a little tough.....it was a bit of a slow go but I finished the entire loop much to Boomer's great delight.  He found two tennis balls and had them both stuffed into his mouth at the end of the walk!  So I did two pretty good walks today....Nose Hill and my trek to the tennis courts and back so am thinking I will sleep well tonight.  If you had told me I would consider this a workout before I got sick I would have laughed my head off!  Funny how circumstances have changed my perspective!

Finished at Nose Hill and did a couple of errands, one of which was to go to Costco to check on a print I had blown up to poster size for Kelli's kitchen.  I wanted to plaque mount it but wanted to see if it was a decent enlargement.  It was totally awesome!  I can hardly wait to see the finished product!  The picture was one I took of a sunflower my Dad grew in his garden.  If you are a follower of this blog you will know that Sunflowers are one of my favourite flowers along with tulips!

"Turn your face to the sun and the shadows will follow behind you."  That is what sunflowers do!

So all in all a pretty good day with the exception of the visit from Enmax.  Our furnace is on the fritz and we are waiting for an estimate on repairing it and hoping like heck we won't have to replace it!  Funny how these big ticket items always seem to happen at Christmas time.  In the meantime we have no heat on our main floor and I'm noticing it's just a little chilly in here.  Could be a cool night and will certainly be fresh tomorrow morning.  Brrrrrr........


No comments:

Post a Comment