Monday 28 January 2013

Our Beach


A week gone and I can  hardly believe it!  The time has just flown by and when I hear you have a storm blowing in I am more than happy to be sitting on the beach sipping a cold drink!

Another lovely day today.  Jenifer, Gary and I hit the yoga class first thing this morning.  Bill still a little under the weather although he does seem somewhat improved today. I have found I am really, really good at the final pose of the class....not sure how to spell it...Shivasan????  Basically you just lie there and think of nothing with the ocean breeze blowing through your hair.  I think I am the best in the class at this one and honestly, it is the only "pose" I feel I am doing right! Years of running and not stretching are catching up with me.

After yoga we headed off for breakfast and then down to the beach.  We booked two sailboats today so all four of us went sailing at once.  The wind was pretty brisk and we thought we were doing pretty good, however, at one point I looked over and about thirty feet away there were rocks jutting out of the water!  Bill hadn't even noticed them!  Good thing we paid our $10 insurance fee!  In any case when we returned the boat we or I should say I got a stern lecture.  The funny thing was I wasn't even sailing the boat.....I was simply the innocent passenger.  The Mexican was explaining where we were allowed to go and I was not really paying much attention as I thought (and still think) the talk should have been directed at the skipper (that would be Bill) not me!  Finally, the Mexican said to me in a very exasperated voice...."Seniorita.....look at me!"  Basically....PAY ATTENTION SENIORITA!  I was told this not once, but three times.  Talk about being unfairly accused of something you didn't do.

Had a lovely day on the beach then hit the gym for a little workout, then enjoyed the water spa with Jenifer and studied the various thongs.  It's strange...it's not about boobs here....it's all about the bum.  Everyone is wearing thongs and honestly they look gross on the vast majority of bodies wearing them.  Today we even saw a guy and his girl wearing a matching set.  I was totally kicking myself that I didn't have my camera! I may just spend a day taking some sneak photos to share with you.  I've never seen as many of them as we have seen here this week.  It is very entertaining to people watch that's for sure.
Then there's the business of tattoos!  Of course almost every young person has at least one these days but here you see them on ALL ages. I saw a couple of women who were probably hitting close to seventy, both sporting major tattoos.   Today the couple beside us at the beach were covered.  He had a bunch of fish on his back and she had an assortment of things but the thing that caught my eye was the writing across her back...."DADDY'S LITTLE GIRL!"  Now who puts that on their back???   I will apologize in advance if any of you have this slogan printed on your body but that is just plain weird!

We went to the Brazillian Restaurant tonight and although we were a little skeptical it turned out to be delicious.  They barbecue a series of meats and bring the skewers around to your tables.  We had three different kinds of beef, turkey wrapped in bacon, chicken, sweet breads and grilled pineapple and it was really delicious!  We will definitely revisit this one before we leave.



No comments:

Post a Comment