Friday 25 January 2013

Although it POURED all night and we woke up to the sound of driving rain this morning the day was better and we did not have a drop of rain once the day got started.  Still a little on the cooler side but still quite a pleasant day.  We are all crossing our fingers that we have turned the corner even though the forecast still shows rain in the days ahead.  In any case we had a good day and if nothing else we will all probably return to Calgary fitter than we left.  Jenifer and I got up and hit the yoga class this morning which was down on the beach.  We were not sure what to expect but were pleasantly surprised.  It was an excellent class and although neither of us is great at yoga I think we were definitely better than the majority of our classmates.  That's pretty pathetic when you consider I'm just six weeks out from a major surgery and Jenifer has been battling a rather horrible case of vertigo for the past several days.  Try doing yoga when you can't balance.  She did really well until we had to do one pose that caused her to fall over.  I just about belly laughed and then realized nobody else even cracked a smile!  Managed to control my giggles but it was pretty funny!

We spent some time down on the beach today and although it was a little breezy it was fun to watch all the kite surfers.  You can take a lesson for around three hundred dollars and then use the boards for a couple of hours.  Most of the guys doing it today were pretty decent although there was one guy who kept flying off his board head first and was having some difficulty getting back up.  Seems to me that if you can wakeboard or snowboard you'd probably be pretty decent at this one.  I don't think it's an activity I'd be particularly good at but both Jenifer and I thought our sons would really enjoy it!  There was a wedding down on the beach today.  I felt a little sorry for the bride.  Not the kind of day I'm sure she imagined for her beach wedding in Mexico.  I'm thinking they must have just about poured an entire bottle of hairspray on her head to keep her hair in place it was so windy.  We watched the set up and the pre-wedding photos. We actually had front row seats as our beach chairs were right in front of where the wedding was going to occur.  The black clouds kept moving in and out and I seriously thought they might get rained on but fortunately the rain stayed away for the entire afternoon. It made me really appreciate Geoff and Lindsey's wedding down here last May but at a different resort.  We had a fabulous day and the resort where they opted to have their ceremony actually had a private area where the wedding and after reception occurred so you didn't have the prying eyes of all the other hotel guests watching you get married.  Good choice Lindsey and Geoff!!!  

About three we all decided we had had enough beach. Gary headed off for a run, (Bill had already done his earlier in the day) and the rest of us headed to the coffee shop for our afternoon mocha latte.  We then headed back to our units.  Jenifer wanted to go for a swim and I wanted to hit the fitness facility to ride a bike for a bit and get back to the weights.  I'm six weeks out from my surgery now which means I can now get back to regular activities.  As I expected I was not stellar on the weights and have regressed back to the baby weights.  I was doing so good before my surgery but several weeks away from it just put me right back to where I started.  In any case, it will get better I know that....just takes time.

There are many animals around this resort ranging from Howler Monkeys (and do they ever howl) to cats, donkeys, and a couple of other creatures that I'm not sure of what they are called!.  Always makes it interesting wandering around as you come across them constantly.

Had dinner at the Asian Restaurant tonight.  Excellent meal!  We all loved our choices.  So much better than the buffet!  From there we hit the evening  show which had a circus theme tonight.  It was fabulous!  I think they have the best shows we have ever seen at an all inclusive.  Both last night and tonight were outstanding! Jenifer and I did a lot of sun salutations at yoga this morning so are counting on a sunny day tomorrow.....time to get into that ocean and do some snorkelling!

1 comment:

  1. Your comment about the yoga and laughing at Jenifer while everyone else is so serious is what Dusty and I endure almost every class. There are many times where we can't even look at each other because we know we will totally lose it and so many people at yoga are so darn serious!!!! There was one class we had where we had to form our tongues in a tube/straw type shape and then breathe in and out through the "straw" we had created. I started this with my eyes open before being instructed to close our eyes and it struck me as sooo funny I got a serious case of the giggles - no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't stop. After this breathing exercise we went into the final resting pose of the class, Shavassana - where you are supposed to be totally relaxed and not think about anything. My entire body was shaking and I had tears in my eyes because I just could not stop laughing at this stupid breathing exercise. Poor Dusty had to do her best to keep it together but I could hear her trying not to laugh as well!!!! We have had many, many incidents like this - bodily noises are also hard to not laugh at!!!! Hopefully we will see you out at some Yoga when you return from Mexico!!!! We love to giggle!!!

    ReplyDelete