Wednesday 2 January 2013

I've become quite the lazy girl this last little while.  For a person who used to be up almost every morning at 5 AM to go running I have morphed into this person who burrows deep into the covers until 8 AM most mornings.  The dark and cold just doesn't encourage me to get out of bed.  I am however starting to think about running again.  Don't think I'll be running any marathons but am hopeful I can progress past the "shogging" phase.  My breathing is much improved when I walk so hoping this will transfer over to some easy "jogging".  Also planning to get back to some cycling in the New Year with hopes to go on a cycling trip in the spring and maybe....just maybe join the Honey Badgers in the Ride to Conquer Cancer.  Right now it's a pipe dream..... but heck.....what's wrong with dreaming a little,  right!?  Dream big is my moto right now!!!  I'm creating quite a list of things I want to do in 2013.  Going horseback riding is another thing high on the list!

Have had some calls and visits from people over the holidays whom I haven't heard from in awhile.  If I had to find a silver lining in all that has happened over the past year this would be one of those things I would identify.  The opportunity to reconnect with friends who for one reason or another I have lost touch with has been wonderful.  This morning my friend Wendy who lives in Portland called.  I haven't heard from her in quite awhile but we always just seem to connect.  Wendy was my partner when we won our Seniors and Masters National Tournament a few years back!   Pays to have talented partners.....and I'm not talking about me being the talented one here!!!!  Who knows maybe we'll give it another shot down the road!!!

Today I got an email from a good friend of Kelli's who is in her own battle with cancer.  She is only 29 years old and was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.  This is not her first experience with cancer but I am totally awed by her strong spirit and her will to overcome this hurdle.  Cancer always sucks but for me it is much worse when it hits young people.  When I hear about children and young adults who are going through this experience I want to cry, I want to stamp my feet in protest of the unfairness of life, I want to make it go away and give these young people the shot at life they deserve.  Through this experience, however, I have learned that this disease does not discriminate.  It affects both young and old, it attacks people who have had excellent health as much as those who have abused their health.  This is what makes it so scary.  When Bill's sister was visiting I asked her how she was doing.  She has been clear for sometime and has been doing well but we agreed that we would both have this little black cloud above our heads for the rest of our lives.  Having said that I looked at her and said "It's true....we do have this little black cloud but so does everyone else....they just don't realize it!"  I hope Kelli's friend doesn't mind.  She is an amazing musician and sent me a song she recorded today.  I would like to share it.  It is truly beautiful and I thank her for sharing with me.  Made my day!  Hopefully you can listen to it!  Not sure this will work but I'll give it a try.

We hit Market Mall this morning to pick up a few things then went to Kelli's to go look at some chairs on Kijiji.  The chairs didn't pan out (they were filthy) but we did hit a great coffee shop and had a good visit.  We came home and Bill headed off to the car wash and Boomer and I to the ravine.  Wore my new boots which I kind of came by on default.  I had bought them for Lindsey for Christmas but they weren't really something she thought she would use.  I had given her a gift receipt but had to admit I really bought those boots because I liked them.  I fully acknowledge I have a serious shoe problem!    In any case I called Lindsey and told her to bring the boots to me and I would give her the money so she could go get something she loved for Christmas and I would give those boots a home.  So far Bill hasn't realized that I now own yet another pair of boots!  He will shake his head and suggest I join a support group for people who own too many pairs of shoes, boots, runners and sandals and rightly so.  I do need help!
They are so cozy!  Something I don't need that's for sure. I'm thinking Lindsey has put me in serious trouble by selling these back to me! How long can I keep them hidden!!!  ???  Not long I'm thinking!!!
Still haven't decided how to justify owning these!  Perhaps it will just come to me when I'm discovered!  Sure hope so!

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps you could go with the old adage - out with the old and in with the new. Is there a pair of boots you could get rid of - that could justify the new boots!!!! Or you could just play the card that its 2013 and you kicked 2012 in the ass and if you want a new pair of boots then you should have a new pair of boots!
    On a different note - The Yoga Studio is having a good deal for new to the studio patrons that you can try unlimited yoga for 2 weeks for $30. I'm going to yoga tomorrow to look into getting a free yoga pass - if I can get one, it's yours! I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete