Sunday 20 January 2013

I have not even poked my nose out the door today.  Spent the morning rounding up my summer clothes and getting packed.  I find when I do a trip like this I always take way to much stuff.....my goal simply being to stay below the 50 lb. limit.  When we go to places like Peru or Nepal I am very conscious that I need to pack little but when heading to an all inclusive in Mexico I seem to lose all common sense.  For petes' sakes.....who needs four swim suits!  The trouble is I couldn't decide which one not to take....well, not entirely true....the bikinis have been retired!

In any case, I am all packed and my bag is easily twice the size of Bills'.

Had a family dinner last night.  My cousin Trish and I try to do this every couple of months but I must confess she has been the hostess for this past year.  Last night I bit the bullet and decided it was for sure my turn to host.  I have not done a whole lot of entertaining this past year and must confess you do get a little out of practice.  I tell myself it's not about the food but that's not entirely true, but quite honestly just getting everyone together is such a good feeling.  We had everyone here last night except for Mike who had to work and of course Trish and Gerry's Katie and her family (Katie lives in Ireland!).....
                                         
                                                        The Grandpas and the Girls!!

Me and my Cousin Trish...
After reading my previous blog about "helicopter parents" Geoff suggested that being as I  had more or less confessed to doing some of his homework that perhaps I would like to go to work for him today!  CHEEKY!!!  
Tomorrow we head for warmer climates.  I have my computer packed and will try to keep the blog going.  Not promising it will be a daily occurrence but will do my best to post a few pics and tales.....
Adios Amigos!!!  Time to get back to the Flames Game!  I am embarrassed to say, that like many I have hopped right back on the band wagon and am watching todays opener against San Jose!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment