Saturday 12 January 2013

It's just been one of those days that seems a little non-productive.  I've been for a couple of walks down in the ravine with Boomer and have noticed that Jan and Clint have set a cross country ski track down there.  I'm thinking if tomorrow is like today I may haul out my cross country skis and give it a go.  I honestly think that skiing down there would be easier than walking at the moment.  There is so much snow it is really a bit of a slog.

I did get to Costco to pick up my sunflower picture and was going to pick a couple of things up but thought differently once I was in the store.  I have NEVER seen it like it was today.  People were lined up from the cashier checkout all the way down to the meat department!  I am not exaggerating!  It was mind boggling and needless to say I decided those couple of items could wait.  There was no way I was going to line up like that.

Kathy dropped by to pick up my boots.  Lucky girl gets to do a bottle drive tomorrow for her daughters soccer team.  Oh how I miss the days of bottle drives and bingos.....NOT!!!!  I had given her a golf club for christmas but wrongly thought a lefty would need a lefty club.....not so.  Although left handed, she golfs right handed. How strange is that!   We have played together many times but when I bought the club I had this nagging feeling I may have bought the wrong one, which is exactly what happened.  In any case took I took it back to Golf Town today for an exchange and ended up wandering around thinking about what I would like to buy for myself.  Fortunately, today....no retail therapy.  Must be the post Christmas hangover!  I'm shopped out and it's hard to even contemplate golf with the weather what it is right now.

Skipped my workout today.  I was up to the club yesterday and as usual the fitness facility was hopping.  I had to laugh, I was chatting to Kelli's badminton coach and he said his New Years resolution this year was to not start working out until February when everyone else would have given up their resolutions.  How true is that one!!!  It's like that every year.  January is busier beyond belief and then February rolls around and things get back to normal.

10 days til we leave for Mexico.  I'm really looking forward to skipping out on winter for a bit.  I see my oncologist this week.  Hoping he doesn't want to give me a round of chemo....it's on my mind a lot at the moment.  Oh well.....it'll be what it is....


1 comment:

  1. Leslie, when we were in Maui we found a cool little clothing store called 808. Tucked away way in the back in one of the strip malls in Kihei. All their clothes are made locally on the island. You should google it, their moto is ' it is what it is' !!
    I loved it so much I have adapted it!! I bought some stickers for my iPad and everything!

    ReplyDelete