Thursday 29 November 2012

I do have a couple of "great" visual reminders this month.  Friday is "White Rabbits Day."  I'm really counting on lots of rabbit luck this month.  This photo took a lot of talking before it happened but Bill did rise to the occasion!  We did try to get him to show rabbit teeth as well but there he drew the line in the sand or should I say snow!  In any case,  thankyou Bill....some bunny loves you for being such a good sport!

A busy day today.  Started out at the dentist to finish off my Tuesday appointment which I had forgotten about and was consequently late resulting in the hygienist not being able to finish.  My punishment was I had to return for a second visit today.  Oh well, the pearly whites are cleaned.  I think that's my first visit to the dentist since all this business began.    From there I headed over to Market Mall to do a little more Christmas shopping.  Getting very close to finished and plan to get everything wrapped this weekend just in case things start to happen quickly.  That's the girl guide training surfacing....."Be prepared!"   From there I headed off the the hospital for my hydration.  Heard my name called and looked up to see the beaming face of none other than Ivy!  Well, talk about feeling bad about some of my previous blogs.  She took me in, got me on the first poke and then proceeded to tell me I was one of her favourite patients.  I never get mad when she misses, I'm always cheerful, I have a good attitude etc. etc.  She told me some of the patients get very impatient with her when she misses and after one poke demand a new nurse.  I must confess I myself have considered that but fortunately have never done it.  Anyways....made me a little ashamed of some of the comments I have made at her expense in the past.  She really is a sweet person and seems to be improving in her skill at finding the vein on the first try!  Spent my hour there then headed off to fill some prescriptions at Super Store.  On the way out I went by a mentally retarded fellow who was merrily ringing the bell for the Salvation Army donation.  (Oops...I stand corrected here....my daughter has informed me that my description is "politically incorrect"......he was a gentleman with cognitive deficits or perhaps developmental delays.  There I go again.....always saying the wrong thing!)   In any case you get the picture.  So there he was grinning happily at everyone and wishing all the customers an exuberant "Merry Christmas".  So nice to hear MERRY CHRISTMAS.....NOT HAPPY HOLIDAYS!  At first I walked by as I often do (you could be donating constantly if you gave every time you bought something or walked by one of these people in the mall) but then I stopped and watched him for a moment.  The guy was truly enjoying himself and he just made you smile he was so happy.  I pulled out my wallet and emptied every single coin and a bill out of my wallet.  As I dropped it in the bucket his smile got even bigger and he wished me a VERY Merry Christmas and gave me a candy cane!  I left the store with a grin as big as his!

So tonight we are off to see Geoff and Lindsey at Lindsey's parents' home.  I can hardly wait to give them both a big hug.  They got home around noon today after 27 hours of travelling.  They will be pooped and I'm sure coming home to this after spending a week on the beaches of Thailand will be a bit of a shock!  Well perhaps a shock for Lindsey.  Geoff is more like Boomer...he loves the snow.....you know what that means....SKIING!  So remember your White Rabbits and stay posted for tomorrows' visual reminder!

No comments:

Post a Comment