Saturday 3 November 2012

Sadly, today we said goodbye to Kelli and Mike and goodbye to The Big Island.  We had such a good couple of weeks there.  Saw and did everything we planned to do but now it's time to move on to Maui and Maureen and Duane.  Had what I thought was my final workout for the trip this morning, headed back to our unit where we finished up the end of our groceries and packed up to go.  We had to have our rental car back by 11 AM so were at the airport a little early but no problem there were a couple of guys singing Hawaiian  music with hula dancers so the time was spent enjoyably!  Our flight left around 1:30.  We got into the cue to go through.  I was very careful to make sure my liquids were in my checked bags to avoid being searched.  Big deal.....my lucky day!  I was the random choice to be checked.  The lady leaned over and assured me I had done nothing wrong.....I was just the random selection.  Tell me how and why I am the random selection 8 times out of 10.  At least today it wasn't the frisk job it usually is.  Instead I had my hands swabbed and checked for hazardous materials.  It crossed my mind that I might have some of my chemo drugs on my hands and would those register!  I have to wear rubber gloves to take the pills but sometimes am not as careful with them as I am supposed to be.  Waited for the thumbs up to proceed and got it.  Phew!
When we arrived in Maui we discovered Bill's golf bag had also been checked!  It happens so frequently I can't believe it's just random.
Maureen and Duane picked us up and brought us back to their place that they bought last year.  They have a gorgeous place!  I told them I can't understand why they just don't stay here for the whole winter!  The funniest thing is  is that it is just above where we stayed when we were here for Christmas a few years back.  Not much has changed around Kihei.  We took a walk after supper and the stores and restaurants are pretty much the same.  Love this place!
We are going to have a great week here.  I haven't seen Maureen much for the past couple of months and we have some catching up to do.  She and I never run short of conversation.  One of my oldest and dearest friends.We have known each other since we were 12 years old!  Also have known Duane for years (since High School) and taught his kids during my Cambrian Heights years.
  
Geoff and Lindsey are now in Jordan  Will attach a picture of them at Wonder 6 I don't have much in the way of photos from today!

Til tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment