Wednesday 25 April 2012

Had to be up and at it early today which is a little problematic with the feeding thing but had to be to the Tom Baker for an 8 AM appointment.  Really wish we hadn't gone.  The doctor seemed disorganized, had not seen my pathology report, was thinking out loud and basically didn't know where we would go from here.  Not having my swallow is a problem with more chemo and I'm certainly not ready to be bombarded with chemo at this point.  Why don't we just kick her a little more now that she's down and out......I am booked for a PET in late May and my mind logically says that it would be prudent to see the results of that and then start talking about where we go from here.  Left there feeling a little deflated, then got a little reminder via text...."Mom, look after what you have control of....your attitude!"  So have decided to shelve this whole thing for the time being and focus on what I can control, my walking, getting enough rest and trying to stay upbeat.  Right now I'm just thinking about the wedding.  We had some errands to run, one being I needed a new swim suit with a little extra coverage.  Went to Swimco and tried on many in assorted sizes and styles.  Finally settled on one but could not decide on which bottoms to buy.  Of course the sales clerk is continually knocking on the door asking if she can help and I'm hiding in the change room not wanting her assistance!  Bathing suit shopping does weird things to us girls!  Especially at the end of winter when you look like the Pillsbury dough boy!  Finally I had this brilliant idea.  I pulled  out my iPhone and took a picture of myself in the mirror wearing each of the two bottoms and used what's ap to send them to Kelli for her input.  Within minutes I had a response!  Decision made! I can only hope she wasn't in the middle of an important meeting when a picture of her mother arrived sporting a swim suit!  And hopefully she didn't share it with anyone!  I'm sure it gave her a chuckle though!

Finished our running around and came home.  I headed off to Nose Hill for my 5.5 km loop with Jenifer and Sienna.  It was a beautiful day for a walk.  Not too hot but very pleasant.  Not at all like what's forecasted for the next couple of days.  A week from Friday we shall be on our way to Mexico and Geoff and Lindsey's wedding!  Yabadabadooo........


No comments:

Post a Comment