Friday 27 April 2012

Brrrr.....it's cold out there today.  The kind of day one would just like to sit by the fireplace all day and read.  But I didn't.  Kathy and I headed out to get our fingers and toes done for the wedding.  A very nice treat, although I'm sure my little vietnamese lady who I always use was seriously wondering about my voice but was too polite to ask.  I didn't feel like explaining so we just left it there.  Came out feeling beach worthy!  Dropped into Tail Waggers and got Boomer a new batch of stinky salmon sticks.  Most effective recall device on the face of the earth, then headed home for a nice visit with Geoff.  After he left headed over to the runners fair at Mount Royal College to check out the latest in running gear and runners but did NO retail therapy today.  Running seems like a distant activity to me at the moment so buying new runners wasn't that appealing.  Fun to look though and there are some very jazzy colours out there.  Made me think of Geoff.  He loves those wild fluorescent colours!  Took Boomer with me trying to talk myself into doing the walk despite the wind and cool.  I even put on my "survivor" bandanna that Holly gave me.  I think that was the deciding factor.  That and the fact that as I drove up Shaganappi, Boomer stood up in the back of my Forerunner and started to whine.  So.....even though I was LESS than keen, headed out and did the hour loop.  First guy I ran into says...."I see you have lost your voice!"  I nodded and he replied "My son was in the same boat a couple of days ago..."  Hmmmm.....I thought.....I doubt very much your son was in the same boat!  On I went and ran into another character....the same one who said "When your numbers up your numbers up!"  He said "Where's your voice?"  I just shrugged....just don't feel like explaining this to these people!  Got through the loop in record time....felt pretty good that I had done it and am now home and ready to go turn on the fireplace now.  Just a little reminder....which I will continue to nag you about over the weekend....Don't forget "White Rabbits" Day is fast approaching!  Mark it on your calendar PLEASE!

No comments:

Post a Comment