Thursday 26 April 2012

What a dreary, dismal day out there.  Got up and immediately went hmmm....a good day to stay in the house.  The carpet cleaner was coming at 9 AM.  We have new carpet in the family room but someone (unknown) spilled something and left a big stain so we wanted to see if the cleaner could get it out.  Looks like he was successful  although we can't walk on the carpet until tomorrow.  Booomer is quite disgruntled at being locked in the kitchen all day.

Jenifer took him for his walk today as I was expecting another friend to drop by and honestly wasn't feeling to inspired to walk in this weather.  What kind of positive attitude is that?

Maureen dropped by and we had a quick visit and she took her share of my feeding supplies with her.  We are dividing everything up amongst a few people just to be safe.  Nothing like going to an all inclusive and taking your own groceries.  I am going to be the best deal that all inclusive has ever had!  Doesn't eat, is very quiet, can't drink....I'm thinking I should ask for a rebate!

Sat this morning and went through a hundred song choices for my dance with Geoff.  Want to do a little more searching but have a couple of good picks.  If anyone out there has a great idea, feel free to send it on.....

This afternoon, hit the hairdressers and got the wedding "do".  I'm looking pretty spiffy, I must say!
Tomorrow it's toes and fingers, then all that's left to be done is to get packed and be off.  I am excited that my Dad and brother and his wife are coming as well as my cousin Trish and her husband Gerry!  Also some very special friends.   After going through all of this I have really come to recognize the importance of friends and family and just what is important in this life!

Yesterday, must confess, was feeling a little bit down after the appointment at the Tom Baker but my brother sent me an interesting thought that I really liked.  It deals with the circle of concern and the circle of influence or control.  "If something is in your concern but not in your control or influence don't focus on it.  Focus on what you can and will control!"  Such good advice.  So that is exactly where I'm at....back to trying to get physically stronger, getting lots of rest, looking my best for the wedding, trying to keep a positive spin on things......those are the things within my control.  So tonight, even though I cannot eat I am going to cook supper for Bill.  He will resist I know.  He even feels bad eating in front of me but honestly when you haven't eaten for a month you really lose your interest in food. (Well maybe not totally....I would love to be able to sit down and eat and drink normally again but I don't feel this overwhelming craving when people eat and drink around me.)  So if you are with me having a drink or eating something don't even give it a second thought.  I have this delicious stuff that I snack on all night.....Grossest stuff on the face of the earth but it's keeping me alive so I should be grateful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment