Tuesday 24 April 2012

There are two things I look for as signs of spring!  The robins which I saw last week and the arrival of crocuses.  This little flower reminds me of my Mom because when I was little I used to go out in the spring and pick her huge bunches of them.  We didn't know then that once you pick a crocus it won't grow back.  Probably explains why there are so few compared to when I was little growing up in Charleswood.  Brats like me out plucking hundreds of them for their Moms!  

A quiet day.  Bill and Duane did a 70 Km ride today out to Cochrane and back.  I think last weekend was a good wake up call for Bill that he needs to start logging some miles on the bike.  Duane is doing two Rides To Conquer Cancer.  The one here and one out in Vancouver that is 160 km x2.  Quite the ambitious ride!  They had a great day for it today though and Bill doesn't feel nearly as pooped as he did on Saturdays ride.  

I met Jenifer at Nose Hill this morning and we did the 5.5 km route.  She told me all about her recent trip to New Orleans with her Mom.  It was nice to get out with her and Sienna!  It's been awhile!  My walking inspiration right now is my brother.  He had hip surgery the week before I had my surgery and is walking 2 hours every day down country roads in Pincher Creek.  A very dedicated patient to his rehab!  

From there headed home and actually did some household tasks.  Cleaned the bathrooms and did a couple of loads of laundry.  It felt so normal!  Never thought I'd hear myself saying I enjoyed those kinds of activities but I really did!

Did some reading, worked on my photo album restoration project and had a pretty productive day.  Bill got home around 3 and I took Boomer out and headed out for walk #2.  Shorter but with the killer hill.  All in all walked about 1:45 today which I think is pretty decent.

Tomorrow we have to be at the Tom Baker by 8 AM.  Have an appointment with Dr. Esaw, the Chemotherapy Oncologist.  I'm thinking I may be in for another round of chemo but can hardly imagine they would suggest doing that now.  Talk about hitting someone when they're down and out!  I imagine they will give me some time to heal then do it if that's the plan.  At least that is my hope.  Have more appointments next week with the surgeon and the swallow clinic.  Bill has found an insurance company that will insure me to go to Mexico.  Feeling relieved about that.  Although I'm confidant I won't have anything acute happened when I'm there it's comforting to know that if it does we're not going to go into debt because of no medical insurance.  




No comments:

Post a Comment