Sunday 22 April 2012

I had a great sleep last night.  Woke up this morning and laid there perfectly still.  I actually felt quite normal.  No congestion, no feeling like a trussed turkey, no fatigue.....just normal.  I didn't move a muscle because I didn't want to break the spell.  Finally shifted and took a look around the room.  Over the years Bill and I have put a number of plaque mounted photos around the ceiling perimeter of our room of our various adventures and trips.  I laid there and studied each picture and in most cases could almost remember the day we took it.  There was sailing off the west coast, soaking in hot springs in Yellowstone, Mach Pichu, Hiking the West Coast Trail with our kids, Hawaii, Mexico, Golfing out in the Kananaskis, Kayaking, Cycling the Kettle Valley Trail, Bill's trip to Kilimanjaro with Kelli, and pictures of our most recent trip to Nepal to name a few.  I love to lay there and look at those pictures and am thankful that we took all those trips and adventures.  Not to say there won't be more but I am glad we have those under our belt.  The alarm went off on my feed pump and the magic ended.  Time to get up and get at the day.

Kathy came over today and we headed off to Nose Hill.  I used the new app Geoff downloaded on my phone which is a GPS that tracks my time and distance.  I think it is more accurate than the one he used the other day.  We actually walked longer today but the app said not as far.  I think it was a little more on target.  1 hour 13 minutes of walking, 5.5 km.  A very good walk for me.  

Came home and sat out on the deck in the sun for a bit.  What a beautiful day!  Tomorrow also supposed to be great so we are thinking we might hit the zoo and see the penguin exhibit.    Need to set up a few appointments tomorrow for the next week or so but other than that the routine stays pretty much the same.   

1 comment:

  1. It hasn't even been a month since your surgery and you are sounding very much like your energy has almost returned. Wow walking 5.5k is amazing! Gudrun

    ReplyDelete