Thursday 19 April 2012

Today a really busy day relatively speaking.  Up, not too early.  The morning routine always takes quite awhile to get through.  Got to throw my feed bag away today so didn't have to clean it.  That was a treat.  You get a new one once a week.  I am going to take seven of them to Mexico so won't have to worry about the sanitation issues with respect to cleaning. Had a shower and got ready for Barry's retirement.  Felt a little angst about going as I have not really been in any big social settings and not everyone would know about my issues.  No need to worry.  In the door and the first two faces were Gail and Louisa!  So nice to see them!  Put me at ease right away.  Gave Barry a big hug and just sat back and watched the proceedings.  Barry has worked for the City Police for over 39 years!  It's funny I asked Lindsey for a picture of her and Geoff in their paramedic uniforms for the wedding video and she responded that she didn't want that because that was what they did, not who they were.  Sitting watching Barry and Wendy today though I saw it a little differently.  I kind of know how Barry felt because when you have done a job that long it does actually become a little piece of who you are and if you have worked hard at it and are proud of your accomplishments it is a difficult thing to walk away from it because in a sense you are leaving a little piece of your self behind.  It was a nice event though and I am sure it will give him some closure.  So cool that he has this trip coming up which will give him a different focus starting into retirement.

From the retirement we headed over to the Mall.  I needed to get a couple of things, nothing too major like yesterdays shop that's for sure.

Then home for the walk. Today we went to the tennis courts then back up the HILL.  Still can't say I am doing the walk easily.  I'm not.

Geoff would like me to thank contributors to his ride.  He is only about $50 away from his $10,000 goal!  Amazing!  On Saturday some of the Honey Badgers will be going out for a team ride.  Not sure how many will show but it will be a wake up call to a few to get their butts on their bikes.....not mentioning any names but B for butt, b for Bike and B for ..................and I'm not talking about Boomer here guys!

Not too much planned for tomorrow.  Geoff is coming over to go for a walk with me and I'm thinking that if it's as nice as today I might like to go to Nose Hill.  We will see in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment