Monday 23 April 2012


Got up this morning to the same beautiful day the rest of you did!  Decided we should head over and vote even though we don't like any of the candidates and then thought it might be a great day to go check out the Penguin Plunge at the zoo.  Other than going to zoo lights, neither of us has been to the zoo in years. We thought that Monday would be a quiet day.....WRONG!  We had to line up for 30 minutes to get in to see this little critters.  Well worth the wait though.  The exhibit is very nicely done and the penguins are total non-stop entertainment.  They do not stop....dive in, swim around, literally hop out, dive in and it all starts over again.  There are three species of penguins in the exhibit and all seem to cohabit ate very nicely. From the Penguin Plunge we did the tour of the zoo grounds.  Much the same as in the past but still a fun outing!

Got home around 3 and decided to take Boomer over to Nose Hill.  Didn't go as far today as yesterday but still walked for 55 minutes which I was feeling pretty good about.  Pretty steady on the flat ground now but hills still a challenge.  Think I will sleep tonight.

Still struggling with the congestion in my nose and throat.  If any readers have some magic solutions for me I'm open to trying anything!  I think if I could clear that problem I would feel about 150% better!


1 comment:

  1. I don't know if this is a magic solution for you but it works for my allergies which are year round. My allergist years ago taught me to clean out my sinuses with a salt water solution. At first it's absolutely disgusting and it seems counterintuitive. You mix 1/2 tsp salt in a cup of warm water and here comes the disgusting part-lean forward over a sink, hold the water up to both nostrils and breathe in the water tipping the cup upwards, let the water come out {it will chose the nose or sometimes the throat both are Ok} and gently blow your nose. Repeat several times. It's a little hard to get used to but once you have the hang of it it cleans out my nose and sinuses allowing me to breathe easier. Don't know if it would suit you or not. Some people use a nette pot where you pour salt water in one nostril and it comes out the other. Oh if the salt solution burns a little there is either too much or too little salt in the solution. Gudrun

    ReplyDelete