Saturday 28 April 2012

I am including a photo of my "herd" of white bunnies as a gentle reminder to the newly converted that the 1st of May is fast approaching and we all know what that means.  First words out of your mouth on May 1st must be White Rabbits and if you feel inclined to send a little of the luck you will glean my way it would be most appreciated!  Must admit, they are a handsome family aren't they!

So, I'm thinking everyone is in for a little humour today.  Warped, sick humour mind you but still humour.  I really should have taken a picture to accompany this but will instead let your imaginations go with it.  Yesterday, Kathy and I went to get our fingers and toes done as I mentioned in yesterdays blog.  I also mentioned that we went next door to pick up the stinky salmon sticks but what I failed to tell you was what the featured "treat" at Tail Waggers was.  As I approached the checkout to pay for my not only smelly, but also expensive treats I was stopped dead in my tracks.  Just in front of the checkout, in a very large basket with a sign on it were "ESOPHAGUS TWISTS!"  How twisted is that.....and how twisted that I actually found it amusing!  I'm not sure Kathy did!

Beautiful day out there today.  Started the morning with a half hour walk with Boomer.  I have been letting Bill take the morning and nighttime shifts but this morning decided it was about time I got back into the morning routine of walking him.  So did the tennis court/hill route!  Still puffing on that darn hill but I'm getting up it in pretty good time.  Came home and had a visit from my friend Pat!  Great to see her, it's been awhile!  She left and I decided to hit the Nose Hill Trail.  Added a little distance today.  Walked for 1 hour and 20 minutes today.  Came home with the best of intentions to tackle my closet but got sidetracked by my new kindle and spent a couple of hours out on the deck reading.  Did get a few little odds and sods done but not nearly what I had planned to do.  Funny how the days just seem to disappear on me.  Bill went for lunch with the boys.  It is Geoff's stag today!  They started with lunch at "Worst" where you can get your beer in a boot!  From there they were going to play pool and at that point it was my understanding the father's would exit!  I'm starting to wonder if the father's decided that they would hang in for the fun of the evening as it is now 6 PM and no Bill.

Thanks to all who offered their suggestions up for the plugged sinuses.  I had quite a response to that one....the neti pot was the most popular suggestion.  To be honest, the plugged throat is a much bigger issue for me at this point than the nose so again, if anyone has suggestions I'm open and eager to read them!

We are all in countdown mode.  Six more sleeps and we will be on the plane to Mexico!  Very, excited.  Although from the get go I have been determined to be there, I can confess now there were many moments when I thought it wasn't going to be possible.  To be there means the world to me!  And I know it means a lot to Geoff and Lindsey that I can be there as well!  The guest list just topped 100 today!  Amazing turn out for a destination wedding!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Leslie,

    I don't know if this will work/be helpful for you... it does depend on your swallow. For singing and speech therapy they teach you not to clear your throat with the classic 'ahem' because it actually irritates and strains the vocal cords. Instead they suggest a sharp sniff through the nose, followed by a big long swallow as a more effective way to deal with phlegm. That said, phlegm is actually your friend, annoying as it is, because it is lubricating the vocal chords and saving them from irritating friction.

    I also sometimes drink Lemon-chamomile tea to cut the phlegm before singing. Or I do a steam bath (hot water in a bowel with a towel over my head) with couple drops of essential oil... not sure what would be best...Eucalyptus? Tea tree?

    Hope this helps! - Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, funny Tail Waggers story!

    ReplyDelete