Friday 20 April 2012

I write this blog for myself these days but am happy that a number of people seem to still be interested in the day to day progress I am making even though sometimes the progress does not seem to even warrant a mention.

I have been soooo busy today.  Can't imagine I won't sleep like a rock tonight.  Day started off with my usual routine but I was moving a little quicker as my pal, Kathy was coming over at 9:30 for a visit.  9:30 for Kathy usually means anything from 10-noon but I told her Geoff and Lindsey were coming at noon to go for a walk with me so she had better not be too late.  Well, she was pretty much on time.  I just about fell over.  We had a great gab and she was still here when Geoff and Lindsey arrived.

Switched gears and told Geoff I really wanted to try to do the Nose Hill Loop today so we loaded Boomer up into the Forerunner and headed off to Nose Hill.  Boomer was whining all the way.  We did my usual loop in 1 hour and according to Geoff it measured 7 km.  Bill thinks that's a little generous on the distance but I like it!  I didn't even huff that much (not very conversational though) so was quite impressed with myself by the time we got back to the car.  Came home and Geoff and Lindsey had to get going.  Tonight is Lindsey's staggette which I will not be going to but Lindsey promised me she would have a "Bull Dog" for me (some sort of fancy smancy Mexican concoction that would probably kill me on the spot).

So off they went and then Bob and Holly arrived.  Had a good couple hour gab with them and  now have absolutely NO VOICE left.  I have drained it dry today but drained it dry on people who matter!   When I woke up this morning it actually sounded like my old voice for a minute or two but I definitely used it all up.   I think I will be skyping Kelli by keyboard tonight for sure.  She's got it set up that we can see each other and she can talk and I can type.  It works really well as we usually talk at 7 PM.  By the end of the day I have pretty much had it so it is a nice option to be able to resort to the keyboard but still check up on each other.  She worries about me.....and I worry about her.....What a pair we are!

Am enjoying this quiet moment on my computer right now.  Tired but in a good way.

Geoff has reached his $10,000 goal for the Ride To Conquer Cancer!  Thanks so much to those of you who supported the Honey Badgers.  They have raised close to $60,000!!!

Tomorrow will ride with Maureen in the sag wagon while some of the Honey Badgers do a training ride. Hopefully this wind dies down a bit.  That was a pretty stiff breeze blowing out there today.
Have a great weekend all!!!


1 comment:

  1. hi from Vernon at Predator Ridge. we have enjoyed your blog the last couple of days. Sounds like you are busy and doing great! love Trish, Betty, Barb, Ted and Uncle Pat xoxx

    ReplyDelete