Friday 23 March 2012

FRIENDS are like panties... 
Some crawl up your butt. 
Some snap under pressure. 
Some don't have the strength to hold you up. 
Some get a little twisted. 
Some are your favorite. 
Some are holy. 
Some are cheap. 
Some are naughty. 
And some actually cover your butt when you need them to. 

Just thought I would share a little humour before I get started today! Thought this was kind of cute although all of my friends are wonderful so this really doesn't apply to any of you. Just thought I'd share it though because it made me laugh. Today I want to focus on being grateful. I cannot even begin to express how grateful I am to everyone who has supported me on this journey. I have learned so much from all of you on how to be a friend, on how to provide support, on how to make a difficult situation bearable. So many of you have told me you you admire my positivity, however to tell you the truth it is you, my friends, who bring this out in me. I am amazed at the things people have done for me. I have even thought I should write a book of suggestions on how to support someone going through a difficult spell. Of course, I would be stealing your ideas. I am also grateful to those of you who have supported my family. Yes, I am the one with the cancer, but my family has been hugely impacted as well. I know they appreciate your emails, your phone calls, and your offers to take them out for a beer or coffee. Many of you have sponsored Bill, Geoff or Lindsey on the Ride to Conquer Cancer and some of you have even joined the Honey Badgers for the two day ride! As a family we want to thank each and every one of you for all you have done. We appreciate your phone calls, your emails, your gifts, your delicious meals, your cards and acts of kindness. You have made a difference! THANKYOU......

No comments:

Post a Comment