Saturday 3 March 2012

Had a rather uneventful day. Puttered around the house this morning. Bill went out for breakfast with his buddies so I had my workout and then breakfast on my own. I actually enjoy these mornings when I'm on my own because I get to "cheat" on my breakfast! A cheat for me used to be eating something I normally wouldn't eat....ie: chips, or chocolate, or ice cream or some other goodie! Now a cheat is when I just have toast and coffee for breakfast instead of the full meal deal!!! A cheat now is ordering a low fat latte instead of a full fat latte! Another example of a current cheat would be having only a salad for lunch or even skipping lunch. The food police (Bill) watches me like a hawk and makes sure I am keeping up my caloric intake!!!! If he catches me "cheating" I am reminded that if I want to go to Mexico I need to do everything in my power to ensure that I will have a good recovery after my surgery. This includes going into the surgery "PLEASINGLY PLUMP!!!" I think I am well beyond this stage but laugh at the number of friends who look me dead on in the eye and say "You look great! Sure doesn't look like you've gained weight!" They are liars in the first degree and I love them dearly for it. I'd surelyl do the same thing if the shoe were on the other foot! Sometimes a lie is a good thing!

Tomorrow we will head down to Pincher and to Fernie. Looking forward to getting away for a few days! The more diversions I have over the next month the better!

1 comment:

  1. Leslie, enjoy your break away.
    And i am sure the breakfast police will be on duty!.

    Mary xx

    ReplyDelete