Monday 12 March 2012

Things are starting to happen and although I am anxious to get on with it I am also getting a little nervous! The pre-op lady finally got back to me this morning and set up two appointments. One, an information meeting re. the surgery (I'm really not sure I want to know much more than I already do! I do know this is a major surgery and they will need to inform me of all the risk factors etc.)and the other appointment, a pre-surgery check up which will take up to three hours. What the heck will they be checking me over for, for three hours???

My PETSCAN is scheduled for this Wednesday and I'm nervous about that too. I have no reason to think the results will be anything but good but I don't handle tests well! On a positive note I had an awesome email from a friend today who just went through some prenatal testing today and the results were all good!!! She was nervous too! But all is good! I am over the moon happy for her!

Looking for diversions for the next 15 days! On Friday I am heading out to Vancouver for the weekend to visit Kelli. She has all sorts of plans for us and I am really looking forward to seeing some green grass and flowers! Hopefully the sun will shine but it really doesn't matter!

Spent some time going through the book Brenda made for me and was interested in a message from a fellow badminton player who said his mother had been diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer 5 years ago. They gave her six months with no hope. She had the surgery anyway and now takes vitamins and drinks filtered water. The doctors are all scratching their heads. They can't find any trace of cancer anywhere! I am quite intrigued by what kind of vitamins she is taking and plan to get in touch with her. The scary part of all of this is I was a bit of a zealot on health matters before this all came about and already I am thinking about ways I can improve on my lifestyle, diet, etc. I will probably drive everyone around me crazy! I know in my heart that it is impossible to control everything we are exposed to in our environment. The doctor told me that there is no rhyme or reason to me getting esophageal cancer....it is just pure and simply bad luck, like getting hit by a lightening bolt. Still, I believe it is important to take the best care of yourself that you can. After all.....have you ever heard of anyone getting hit by lightening twice!??? I don't plan to that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment