Thursday 8 March 2012

I am now in countdown mode. Six days til my PETSCAN and 21 days til surgery! Trying to remain upbeat but must confess I am getting a little anxious. I cannot kid myself that this next part is going to be easy! All I can hope for is that there are no complications and I will have a speedy recovery! I also look forward to getting back to my normal weight! My Dad took us out for dinner last night and I put on a pair of dress pants and was not impressed with the "snug" fit.

Took Boomer to the dogwash yesterday and now he is positively molting. I am wishing like crazy he was a chocolate lab and then I could maybe use what he doesn't need for my own head. The hair continues to thin. I am still not at the stage where I think I am going to totally lose my hair but it is definitely thinning and I am starting to understand those bald guys that grow the three strands they have long enough that they can comb right across their heads to cover their bald spots. I am ruffling mine up to cover my part which I think is more pronounced than usual. I shouldn't be confessing this because I am pretty sure it will just make you all pay more attention to my head when you see me!

I have been educated by my daughter as to what "gorbs" (yesterdays blog) stands for and I stand corrected. Gorbs stands for "Geek on rented Boots and Skis." That is not me....I figure I belong to the "Goobs" category..."Geek on own boots and skis!"…...  Enough prattling for today. I'm going out to enjoy the beautiful day!

1 comment:

  1. How about being a 'Boobs'? - Babe on own boots and skis! - hang in there and rejoice in the sunshine - it is easier to feel thru thin hair!
    Keep looking at my pictures and remember they are the 'after' pics. Going on a Lion hunt? Can't go around it, gotta go thru it......remember there is an 'other' side to all of this - now add some whipped cream to something!

    ReplyDelete