Tuesday 13 March 2012


Up and at it. Had Ralph and Irene over last night to see our Nepal pictures which we have been promising to do for over a year now. It is so hard to believe that a year ago we were trekking on the Annapurna Circuit. I watched the pictures and it made me realize how much I long to do something like that again! It was probably my all time favourite trip. Along the way we stopped one day for lunch at a little tea house. On the wall of the tea house was a poster of the Dalaia Lama. I think Geoff, Lindsey and Bill thought I was crazy for photographing the poster (I photograph just about everything!) but for some reason I was quite taken with it and wanted to add it to my collecton of almost 1500 pictures. Last night when I watched the slide show I was reminded of the poster and decided to share it in today's blog. You can see the picture of the poster at the side of this blog but it is difficult to read the script so I will rewrite it.

Never give up
No mater what is going on,
Never give up.
Develop the heart
Too much energy in your country
Is spent developing the mind
Instead of the heart.
Be compassionate
Not just to your friends
but to everyone.
Work for peace
In your heart and in the world.
Work for peace
and I say again,
Never give up
No matter what is happening,
No matter what is going on around you
Never give up!

Dalaia Lama (XIVth)

So today I am feeling stressed. I am going to spin my Budhhist prayer wheels then I;m going to lace up my runners and go for a run. Boomer is pacing outside on the deck....The wind is blowing which usually puts me off of running but I think it is a good thing to do today!

No comments:

Post a Comment