Saturday 10 March 2012

The countdown continues. 17 days til surgery! 4 days til PETSCAN! A friend sent me some words of wisdom and inspiration yesterday. She herself has been along this road and came out victorious. She said to me "Going on a Lion Hunt.....Can't go around it....gotta go thru it! Remember there is another side to all of this!" Thankyou Deb....I will hang on to that thought!

Did a little retail therapy today. Started out shopping for shower gifts for my daughter-in-law....and although I did find things for her, I also ended up shopping for myself. My friend Marcia suggested that special shampoo might help with the shedding problem so I decided what the heck....might as well give it a try! Went to Aveda and the girl sold me a "new product. So I am going to discover the power of Densiplex! I will be tapping the wisdom of Ayurveda-the ancient healing art of India. The product is an "invigorating blend of Ayurvedic herbs including turmeric and ginseng that helps power Invati (whatever the heck that is!) I think I may have been duped big time but oh well....isn't the first time and definitely won't be the last!!!

Once I had my hair product in hand I headed into Banana Republic. There I tried on a sweater. I have been steering clear of clothes shopping as it is proving to be quite depressing at the moment however, I think I can confirm Kelli's theory that Banana Republic has mirrors in the dressing room that make you look taller and thinner! I have suspected this for sometime now but today am absolutely convinced of it!!! I haven't yet tried the sweater on at home in front of my brutally honest mirror but I am sure I will have irrevocable proof once I do! That should be illegal!!! Oh well I do have the receipt so can always return it! Do you think they will call security if I accuse them of this when I do the return???? Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. My sister is away and hasnt yet responded to my email so I can't confirm but I believe the product was Nioxin and men use it when their hair is thinning. It's only available at salons and not all carry it. You have to check with hairdresser which Nioxin shampoo/conditioner is the best.

    ReplyDelete