Thursday 22 March 2012

A trip down Memory Lane today! It was awesome! Maureen and I drove to Cochrane and had lunch with our old friend Vicki. The three of us have known each other since grade 7! Maureen and I have stayed in touch over the years but Vicki and her husband Dan followed their dream and bought a property out near Cremona where they raised their boys and enjoyed their horses and dogs! Vicki and I used to spend hours riding our horses all over Nose Hill when we were kids. Although we have exchanged letters at Christmas over the years we have not seen each other in over 25 years! She was a bridesmaid in my wedding party! Anyways...we went out to a little coffee shop called Guys Bakery and Coffee Shop (If you have not tried it you should). As we were walking into the restaurant I said to Maureen this is either going to be really weird or it's going to be awesome. It was so AWESOME! We picked right up and had a fabulous visit that turned into a four hour lunch with the promise that we would do it again some time after my surgery. Hopefully we won't wait another 25 years! I love these little distractions. They totally make me forget about what is coming down the tube for me in very short order. I have had many chuckles today with the number of people who have been forwarding me "Pooh Power!"....very clever. I like it! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment