Saturday 24 March 2012

I can hardly believe that I am three days out from my surgery.  I am getting quite anxious and just a little snappy!  Keeping busy works but you can only be busy so many hours in a day.  On the plus side I think my hair loss has been curtailed.  Not sure if it just happened or is the result of all the products I have been applying to my head!  Whatever it is, I even decided to go and get a haircut today!  Gotta look good for the big day, right?  Didn't want to go into it looking like the Sheepa Doodles I saw on Nose Hill today! Have had a steady stream of emails from friends on their way to warmer places.  Jamaica, Hawaii, Mexico.....etc.  I'm even envious of Rebecca who has gone to Edmonton for heaven's sake!!!  In years past Bill and I often headed off during spring break.  Last year, we too were in Hawaii!

Enjoyed my weekend in Vancouver with Kelli.....and speaking of hair products, I came pretty close to having them confiscated on Friday.  I decided to take only carry on luggage but totally forgot the rule about liquids.  My little bag went into the scanner, came out of the scanner, went in again, out again.....I'm sitting there thinking "oh great here we go again" because I ALWAYS, and I do mean always get searched. …often frisked..... Finally the question...."Who does this bag belong to?"  I acknowledged it was mine and was instructed to come over to the side and open it for inspection.  This is when the light went on and I realized my cosmetic bag was in my carry on.  I unzipped the suitcase and the customs agent immediately pounced upon it.  He unzipped it and there was the culprit!  A new, unopened tube of crest toothpaste!  I probably should have been arrested but instead had my toothpaste confiscated and was instructed to put the smaller containers into a zip lock bag.  I was shaking my head because I have done enough travelling that I should know better.  Onto the plane I got,  short my toothpaste and was about half way to Vancouver when I sat up in my chair and thought....."Oh my goodness!  I should have had my hair loss products seized too.....(remember those expensive products I bought awhile back that promised to curtail hair loss!?)  Fortunately for me,  once he discovered the toothpaste he did not dig further or he would have really hit the jackpot!  Lucky me!  Lesson learned.....I  checked my bag on the way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment