Friday 9 March 2012

I am now in countdown mode once again! 5 days to my PETSCAN and 18 days to surgery! I'm not sure if the time is going to fly or drag. I have great ambivalance about these upcoming events. On the one hand I can hardly wait to get on with it and on the other hand I am nervous as all get out! My game plan is to keep busy and so far so good and many of my friends are doing their part to help out in this regard.

Have had a pretty low key day today but did do my morning workout and hour walk in the off leash park with Boomer. My hair continues to thin (Jenifer thinks it's just the "winter shed!".....where do my friends come up with these "hair brained" ideas???) Anyways...I am avoiding using my hair dryer as it seems to come out when I dry my hair more than any other time. Having said that when I went on the walk today there were gale force winds (worse on the hill). I saw one little dog that looked like he was going to be blown away. Then it occurred to me that I might get back to the parking lot and all my hair would be gone! Fortunately didn't happen but the fact that I'm even thinking those thoughts shows that I am bugged! Bill keeps reminding me that I shaved my head once and it wasn't that bad....he doesn't understand why it would bother me this time! Can't say as I know the answer to that either! Maybe it was the $13,000 the students raised for the Terry Fox Run that made it easier the first time!

Not a great deal planned for the weekend except for a funeral on Sunday. My dear Godmother, Aunt Marion's, husband recently passed away of leukemia after a lengthy illness. Aunt Marian is one of those people who is there for everyone when they need her so I have no doubt that the funeral will be well attended by those of us who have been recipients of her kindness and generosity over the years. My Mom and Aunt Marian were the best of friends since they were small girls growing up in Gull Lake, Saskatchewan. Their friendship spanned over 60 years. They grew up together, went to nursing school together and Aunt Marian was with my Mom when she passed away almost 11 years ago. Not many of us can lay claim to a friendship as long standing as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment