Friday 2 March 2012

Dropped into the school for a visit today. Sharron, a friend and teacher with whom I have worked with for years called and told me the Student Leadership Group had made something for me. The something was a beautiful card with lovely messages written by each of the kids. I have just finished reading the entire card and I am touched by their thoughts! Reading the card only serves to accentuate how much I miss each of them! They are special kids! The teachers also had a little something for me. A box of wacky, dangly earrings to wear in the event I lose my hair (which unbelievably could yet happen) Interestingly it is recommended you wear earrings that make a statement and that are big and dangle! This collection definitely does do that! The idea is that it will make you feel and look more feminine, however, not sure rubber chicken earrings will do the trick!!! Definitely a "teacher" collection of adornments!!! I will have fun wearing them that's for sure!

I keep thinking I should drop in for a visit with the students but wrestle with the wisdom of this. I'm don't know if this would be a good thing or not. On the one hand I think it would be positive and reassuring for the kids to see that I do not look sick, that I am up and about and that I do still have my hair (at least at the moment.) On the other hand I worry that a visit might be more disruptive than productive. I also have very real concerns that I might catch something. Schools are full of germs and at this point in time I cannot not afford to catch something which would result in delaying my surgery. So I will continue to wrestle with this thought.

3 comments:

  1. Leslie,
    It was wonderful to see you today!! You looked amazing!!
    Miss you lots my dear friend!
    Love,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think Skype is a good option for a germ free visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lori - Skype is the way to go. Way too many bad germs around the school and your immunity level is way down. Just ask Kelli!!

    ReplyDelete