Sunday 11 March 2012

A busy day! Attended Uncle Bill's funeral today! Lots of people in attendance. His son Bill Jr. gave the eulogy and did a wonderful job of it. Not an easy thing to give a eulogy, especially when it is a family member! I always admire people who can stand up and do that! Well done Bill! You did your Dad proud!

A quick update on the Honey Badgers. They have raised close to $50,000 and are still fourth in the province of Alberta. The team has grown to 17 riders. I sponsored Lindsey and Amber. Amber has done the ride before and has an interesting fund raising strategy this year. She is offering three home made, hand decorated cookies for every $25.00 donated. I have attached a picture of my cookies! They are not only beautiful to look at, they are also delicious to eat! I am sure if you have already donated to Bill or Geoff you are regretting not holding off as they certainly weren't offering any pay offs like this!!!

Brian and Brenda stopped by tonight and brought me a beautiful book that Brenda put together. We have enjoyed numerous camping trips and hiking expeditions with Brian and Brenda over the years and the book has some wonderful photos and quotes as well as messages from so many of the badminton group at the Winter Club. I have just finished reading it from cover to cover and am totally overwhelmed by the effort and thoughtfulness of this beautiful gift. I loved every page of it but especially the page with the quote "We are all angels with one wing-we can fly only embracing each other." Followed by "Congratulations Leslie on having such wonderful angels in your life-Bill, Geoff, Kelli and of course Boomer." They certainly have been my angels but there are so many others out there as well! Every so often I stop and shake my head in amazement at the number of angels who have stepped up with acts of kindness and generosity. You have each made this journey much easier to navigate! You will never know the impact your acts of kindness have had on my life! I have learned so much from so many of you about ways to support people in times of crisis. I know I have said thank you many times but feel the need to repeat it again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment