Tuesday 24 January 2012

HALFWAY!!!!  YABADABADOOOO!!!!!
So today no talk of chemo, radiation.....going to make an appeal instead.  Many of you have sent me messages saying "What can I do....just say it!"  I have never been so spoiled in my entire life but I do have one small request.  I know we all have our causes that we support but if you have any wiggle room on your causes for 2012 would you consider sponsoring my son Geoff.  He has decided to form a team called the Honey Badgers, for the "Ride to Conquer Cancer" in support of me.  When cornered the Honey Badger has been reported to be the most fierce animal in the world by National Geographic.  (this is what he thinks of me his Mom!)   His ambitious goal  is for his team to raise $20,000.  I was invited to ride but think June 23 might be a little soon to be taking on a 200 km bike ride,

 so instead I will be an honorary Honey Badger in the support wagon!  I am posting his message below.  If you want to do something this would be something I would really appreciate.  I have been a staunch supporter of the Terry Fox Foundation for the past 16 years and will continue my support there as well but I am throwing my support behind the Honey Badgers this year.


Hello friends and family,

As some of you know already my Mom was diagnosed with esophageal cancer a little before Christmas. She is currently getting treated and we are on the road to beating it. My Mom has been truly inspirational throughout the process. Her courage, strength and determination have been amazing.   

I am writing to you now to ask for your support, i have been inspired to do the ride to conquer cancer this year - a 2 day, 200km bike ride from Calgary to Canmore and back. My team's name is the Honey Badgers.  I chose the Honey Badger because it is fearless animal that will take on any challenge no matter how daunting it may seem. My mom's courage and determination is inspiring, like the honey badger she is fealess in her fight against cancer. My personal goal is to raise $3000, which will go towards gastronintestinal cancers. My team has also set a cumulative goal of raising $20,000. The team is open for people to join so if you are interested you can email me and i will give you the details. The ride is big commitment, so even your support with a donation would be much appreciated.

Here is the link to donate to me and my ride to conquer cancer;

http://www.conquercancer.ca/site/TR/Events/Alberta2012?px=2887840&pg=personal&fr_id=1411

Thanks in advance for you support!!!

Sincerely,


Geoff 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you everyone for your support and generosity!

    Geoff

    ReplyDelete