Thursday 19 January 2012

Happy Thursday and almost the end of week two.  Still going strong!  Had to be at the hospital for 7:50 AM this morning.  For some strange reason made much better time this morning.  Fewer drivers for some reason, maybe everyone decided to finally stay home for a change.  Earlier in the week the commute has been brutal!  Consequently I was there half an hour early but that was OK because one of the machines was down for maintenance and that can make for a long wait if you have to go later in the day.

I have now taken to counselling my radiation tech on his health practices.  He confessed to me today that he hates running and has a love affair with potato chips but he doesn't like what the chips are doing to him so he's been trying out a bike machine in the exercise room of the building where he lives.  Unfortunately, he confided the machine doesn't work.  As he was leaving the room to begin my zap session I piped up...."Maybe you could just try to quit eating chips!"  He laughed and shut the door and I was left there thinking "How stupid was that to say that to someone who has the power and control over this huge radiation monstrosity that is going to begin it's orbit around me in a few minutes!"  Nice girl, short a few bricks I'm thinking!

Finished my session and Kelli and I headed to Tim Hortons for breakfast.  She had teaching sessions today and I got to go and see my future daughter-in-law, Lindsey try on her wedding dress!  Oh my goodness.  The dress is stunning as is the girl in it!  I can hardly wait to see her traipsing across the beach in 109 days, 18 hours, 37 minutes and 12 seconds!

From the dress fitting I came home for lunch then off to another Geoff hockey game.  They played for 90 minutes with a total of 8 players.  They looked a little weary at the end of their session but did manage to pull off a win!  yahoo....I really do need to find my old cow bell that I used to take to his games when he was little!  Trouble is he never scored then so I never got to ring it for him. It would be so much more fun now that he scores!  The problem is I probably would find myself off the invite list!
Came home from the game, bundled up and headed over to Nose Hill for the full loop.  Boomer glad to have his boots on again and happy for a full walk.  We have been a little abbreviated this week for obvious reasons! Tomorrow last day of week 2 then hospital freedom for two days!  Love, love, love the weekends!
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment