Friday 6 January 2012

Not much to report but again thanks to all for your support.  I can't tell you how much your emails, cards and phone calls mean.  My good friend Maureen arrived today with 6 large (high caloric) cinnamon buns from my very favorite cinnamon bun spot in Kihei, Maui.  She carried them all the way back to Calgary, arrived home today at 5:30 AM and found the energy to deliver them to me this afternoon!

Today I had another endoscope and a bronchoscopy.  The surgeon had told me he would want to do these before my treatments began but to be honest I was secretly hoping he had forgotten.  No such luck.  Got the call yesterday that I needed to be at the Foothills Hospital this morning at 7 AM!  No coffee!!  No food!!  That makes for a grumpy patient.  This time I was prepared.  Arranged my ride and had my arm out for the full sedation!  Much, much better when you are asleep!  I was out cold for two hours and even when I came too I was out of it, legally impaired for 24 hours.  No driving, no cooking (bohoo), take it easy!  All was fine and as expected and I am now ready to start things moving at 10:15 AM, Monday morning!  As strange as it might sound, I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

  1. We are thinking of you Leslie as you start out on your journey to kick this cancer in the ass! I don't think it sounds strange at all that you can hardly wait to start treatment, I think it sounds just like you!!!! I want you to know that our whole family is sending you strength and well wishes and our attitudes are nothing but positive that you will respond to treatment in the best possible way! Please keep in touch as you mean the world to us parents at "The Ranch" - you embody everything that is great about that school and we want you to continue to know that! I'm always available if you want to send an email or give me a call - I am there in any way you need at any time. All my love and my kids love to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete